Firefox is nice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
I got the new Firefox web browser download the other day (on Windows). I've gotta say it's a very nice and clean interface, does not seem crowded. The icons are spaced out with just the right amount of white space between them. I would tell you the version number but cannot seem to find it apart from it telling me "firefox is up to date".

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Especially good if you use it on multiple devices, I can login to my sync account anywhere and have the same bookmarks and logins saved

si_c

Guru
I like Firefox, it's much less resource hungry than Chrome, and it feels faster to use too. I've used it now for a couple of years having swapped to Chrome 3 or 4 years previously.

Definite recommend.

I've just got the new Firefox. Where is it white? It just picked up my old desktop image and carried on as before

Edit. Just found it. Not a page I use a lot so I won't worry too much about it.

Last edited:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I've used Firefox for years & usually happy with it. It always irritates me when an upgrade changes things, but I soon get used to it. Very occasionally there's something that's not supported & I have to use Chrome instead.

It's strange that it doesn't show a version number, isn't it?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I got the new Firefox web browser download the other day (on Windows). I've gotta say it's a very nice and clean interface, does not seem crowded. The icons are spaced out with just the right amount of white space between them. I would tell you the version number but cannot seem to find it apart from it telling me "firefox is up to date".
it's 89.. just upgraded it from 87.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
you can change the colour... grandad🧓
I know that but pink with blue yeah right, it's wants to be a whiter shade pale

MontyVeda

I'm not keen on the shortcuts on the 'new tab' page. I used to be able to have five of eight pinned shortcuts and nothing more... now it seems to fill up the rest of the space with recently visited websites. I suppose there's a plug-in but I've got my bookmarks bar... so I've turned off the short cuts, and that sodding 'news' milarky.

On the upside... and it's a major upside. FF does support 3D view in Google maps, which Google's Chrome hasn't been doing for ages now. Seems very odd that Googles own browser wont support all it's own mapping features.

MontyVeda

trying to get webpages to display correctly and consistently across all main browsers was a major pain in the arse though... then they brought out 'devices'... so it wasn't just a case of trying to work with IE, FF, Safari, etc... it was all those on PC, tablet, phone... which only tripled the pain-in-the-arsiness of it all.

I'm so happy all I have do is put boxes on shelves these days.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
I have been a devotee of Firefox since it was Netscape Navigator. Now a product of The Mozilla Foundation it is, as they say themselves: '…a public resource that is open and accessible to us all'. More details here:
https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/who-we-are/
Three of its outstanding virtues are:
  • It is not a Microsoft product
  • It is not a Google product
  • It is not an Apple product
In stark contrast to Microsoft, it is overwhelmingly W3C compliant and generally fits in with the Open Source movement which is where healthy computing lives.

If you like Firefox, check out OpenOffice: http://www.openoffice.org/
or, for the Mac, NeoOffice: https://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/index.php

Like me, you may well end up with a computer which does not have a single Microsoft program on it. Free the digital spirit.

Top Bottom