First 100 mile ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CUBE CRD

Tackled my first 100 mile solo ride today - I'm in N Ireland and the route took me around Upper and then Lower Lough Erne in Co Fermanagh in a figure of eight.Five and a half hours cycle time which I was happy with (felt longer at times though!!)

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Well done :bravo:

iggibizzle

Did the same yesterday round my area. From blackpool up to Cumbria then back down to Preston, and home. 106 miles with 2400ft climbing. the 100mile came up in 6hr 13. But for last 60mile I was absolutely battered by the 30mph+ gusts we had yesterday. Last 25 mile straight into it. Il try it again in a calm day. Hopefully get somewhere near your time! :smile:

OP
OP
C

CUBE CRD

Did the same yesterday round my area. From blackpool up to Cumbria then back down to Preston, and home. 106 miles with 2400ft climbing. the 100mile came up in 6hr 13. But for last 60mile I was absolutely battered by the 30mph+ gusts we had yesterday. Last 25 mile straight into it. Il try it again in a calm day. Hopefully get somewhere near your time! :smile:
My route had 2700ft of climbing so fairly similar - didn't have to suffer a headwind like that though.I feel for you :boxing::bicycle:

iggibizzle

Yea it wasn't too bad on the way out but had whipped right up to 30mph or so by the time i turned south from Cumbria. About 25 miles into a diagonal wind then last 25 mile straight into it. Nasty :wacko: oh well at least next time it will feel easy. If it's a calm day. Rare! It would have been way less than 2400 ft climbing if I hadn't have turned off a6 up into the hills. But it was just plain tedious heading down one road.

OP
OP
C

CUBE CRD

I managed my first 100 miler for 31 years yesterday. I enjoyed the challenge and was really pleased to get round. Solo effort. Feeling a bit tired today though. How people ride 200km plus Audaxes is beyond me.

Nice one! Personally I wouldn't be keen on going any further in a day either,5 or 6 hours in the saddle is plenty for me.

Top Bottom