First 100!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorvernRob

Bagged my first 100 miler today in the Arrow sportive. :bicycle:

We managed it in the gold time too, even though my mate punctured and we stopped at the 3 feed stations (including a poo at one :laugh:) Official time is around 6.28, my mate had auto stop on his Garmin and moving time was 5.58.

I thought Lincolnshire was supposed to be flat, it wasn't! Though there were no major hills, there were a few more than we expected, enough to get a fair few people walking and one poor guy virtually puking over his bike at the bottom of the last hill. Strava has robbed all the elevation big time, all our Garmins showed around 4,000ft of elevation and the course guide said 3,500ft, strava says 2,500ft!

Most satisfying part was towing a guy along from 80 miles onwards, who eventually took a big turn on the front then we dropped him on the last hill :laugh: He thanked us though and said he was really struggling before we went past and he tagged on.

I'm well pleased, I've done my first 100 and beaten Holme Moss inside a week - when I first got on a bike in January I didn't think I'd be doing this yet.

https://www.strava.com/activities/148102901

outlash

also available in orange
congrats :smile:. that first 100 is the best, a real achievement.

tony

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Congrats. I did the short version and some of the hills caught me by surprise, particularly one when we turned left and there it was - I was In the wrong gear and nearly came off. Lots of noise from the gears but then, luckily, sorted it out. Well done on 100 ^_^

Fifelad

Veteran
Well done that was about the same time for my first 100 sportive 3 years ago but mine was in the The highlands including a summit finish at Cairngorm Ski Centre :tongue:

OP
OP
N

NorvernRob

Official time was 6.27.39, happy with that as without the puncture it would have been just under 6.20.

Well done! There's a great sense of achievement, isn't there?

Yeah there is, especially as I've only been riding 4 months. I won't be doing it every week though!

Well done! my longest to date is a 50 miler aiming to crack the hundred soon though:whistle:

We spoke to a few guys who had only done 50's before, generally they were struggling a bit from the 70/80 mile mark but completed it ok. We'd only done one ride over 57 miles before, a 75 - but as we do 4-6,000ft of climbing on all our rides we knew that 3,500/4,000 over 100 miles was doable for us. Tbh we finished really strongly, the last 20 miles only took just over 1hr.

Well done that was about the same time for my first 100 sportive 3 years ago but mine was in the The highlands including a summit finish at Cairngorm Ski Centre :tongue:

I suppose it was your first ever ride, and on a SS too? :hello:

OP
OP
N

NorvernRob

Excellent ride well done fella's...what was your average mph ? I've got the cycle Nottm 100 coming up so interested

Ours was 16mph dead, that included an 8 minute puncture and 3 feed stops. My mate had his Garmin on auto stop and that said 17.4mph on actual moving time.

Top Bottom