First 100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

I posted about a month ago at my delight of completing my first 50.

Having the week of work and the kids at school and a near perfect weather forecast I decided to attempt my first 100 which I completed but the old legs are suffering now.

I live in Whitley bay and had a great ride up the coast to seahouses and back, at about 80 miles I began to struggle but struggled through.

I just wanted to share this with you as I am sat with a beer in hand feeling quite smug :-)

Top drawer dude.

Stu

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
well done mate. i need to try and get my first 100 under my belt before May!

G-Zero

Über Member
I posted about a month ago at my delight of completing my first 50.

Having the week of work and the kids at school and a near perfect weather forecast I decided to attempt my first 100 which I completed but the old legs are suffering now.

I live in Whitley bay and had a great ride up the coast to seahouses and back, at about 80 miles I began to struggle but struggled through.

I just wanted to share this with you as I am sat with a beer in hand feeling quite smug :-)

Nice one Johnym :thumbsup:

I'm heading up that way from Durham, to spend a few nights at Seahouses pretty soon, but unless a miracle happens, I'm only planning on one way (83 miles)

I was originally planning on using the CX and following the C2C trail to Sunderland, then north to the Tyne and National Route 1 to Seahouses. Since getting the road bike, I'm now thinking about ditching the CX plan and using the roads, unless NR1 is all road based and suitable for a road bike ?

What's your opinion on suitability of the route from Whitley Bay to Seahouses, for a road bike, or is some of it trail and better suited to the CX ?

OP
OP
J

Johnym

Nice one Johnym :thumbsup:

I'm heading up that way from Durham, to spend a few nights at Seahouses pretty soon, but unless a miracle happens, I'm only planning on one way (83 miles)

I was originally planning on using the CX and following the C2C trail to Sunderland, then north to the Tyne and National Route 1 to Seahouses. Since getting the road bike, I'm now thinking about ditching the CX plan and using the roads, unless NR1 is all road based and suitable for a road bike ?

What's your opinion on suitability of the route from Whitley Bay to Seahouses, for a road bike, or is some of it trail and better suited to the CX ?

My bike is a cube peloton race road bike and the ride too seahouses was all road via Morpeth and ashington. I also commute to team valley from Whitley bay and I couldn't see a problem with you doing the whole journey by road.

In my opinion you wouldn't have a problem with road bike and it should be a great ride ;-)

G-Zero

Über Member
My bike is a cube peloton race road bike and the ride too seahouses was all road via Morpeth and ashington. I also commute to team valley from Whitley bay and I couldn't see a problem with you doing the whole journey by road.

In my opinion you wouldn't have a problem with road bike and it should be a great ride ;-)

Cheers !

Givin' it big consideration, especially as the on road route is considerably fewer miles than the off road alternative.

Top Bottom