first 20 miler…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
not me, but my 7 year old son. we did the middlewood way (macc-marple) end to end, which is 10 miles each way. several stops for drinks and biccies and an ice cream, but overall i think he's done very well, especially as the end of the ride was in mid-day heat on a hot day.

nice to see lots of other riders out too, but i bet most of them were doing far less milage than we did.

oh, and he managed on a heavy kid's bike with one gear on mixed terrain.

i'll never ride the tour de france, maybe he will…:sad:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
They sure impress with their energy and enthusiasm don't they.

I remember a long ride I did with my 8 year old last year on his Halfords (heavy) Apollo bike.

It was around 19 miles along a canal towpath. I thought he'd be shattered but he wanted to do it again straight after.

alci4

awsome stuff

i got an apollo stinger for my ryans birthday last week age 3+ but it was only his second birthday

he can get on and off just aint getting the fact the pedals supposed to go forward instead of back yet lmao

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
alci4 said:
awsome stuff

i got an apollo stinger for my ryans birthday last week age 3+ but it was only his second birthday

he can get on and off just aint getting the fact the pedals supposed to go forward instead of back yet lmao

put a fixed wheel sprocket on :blush:

Davidc

Guru
Wait 'til he gets to about 13 or 14 and can outride you! It's a sobering experience.

In the meantime well done to him - keep that up and it'll be one more slim and fit child on the street, never mind the TdF.

Top Bottom