First 50 miler today (in heavy rain too)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Irishrich

Über Member
Did a charity ride in N.Ireland in continuous heavy rain with a good mix of flats and climbs. 50.8 miles was completed in 2 hrs 40 mins but it felt more enjoyable and quicker than on my own when I do around 25-30 miles. I guess the buzz of hundreds of other cyclists lifts you and makes you forget about the miles. I now have the bug and want to go further!

edindave

Über Member
Well done on your first 50mi. It's definitely easier, for any distance, if you have company.
But it's really good conditioning too, when you do it in bad weather. You know you can put up with the rain, so no excuse to get out for some training miles because it's drizzling!

Won't be long til you're doing 100 milers :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Irishrich

Irishrich

Über Member
True, I always looked out the window at the rain and said I would go out when it dried up but having done 50 miles in heavy rain without falling off I guess I can go out anytime so it's been a good lesson all round,.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Which one was that Rich? Kilbride/Islandmagee?

OP
OP
Irishrich

Irishrich

Über Member
Which one was that Rich? Kilbride/Islandmagee?
It was Cookstown to Portrush but I had to ride to the starting point which added another 8 miles so just topped 50 miles for the whole journey. Was very uplifting looking back it now so I'm trawling the net to find other similar distances around N.I this summer as I want to get away from my own back yard and sample the scenery around the province.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
It was Cookstown to Portrush but I had to ride to the starting point which added another 8 miles so just topped 50 miles for the whole journey. Was very uplifting looking back it now so I'm trawling the net to find other similar distances around N.I this summer as I want to get away from my own back yard and sample the scenery around the province.
I have an A5 calendar with a lot if not all the leisure events on it. pm me your address and I'll send it your way

Top Bottom