First 50 Miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Please forgive my self-indulgence, but I've just done my first 50 mile ride and I'm chuffed. I reckon I got my re-fuelling right as well, 'cause I felt stronger and fresher in the last 10% of the ride than I normally do on shorter rides.

Halfway towards to my goal of 100 miles!

Gary E

Veteran
New PBs are nothing to be shy about :smile:

You've obviously put the effort in or you wouldn't have made it.

Bask in your own magnificence, oh and well done:thumbsup:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I think that is great and you deserve a:highfive: .
50 is my goal for this year-am up to 25.......my next one will hopefully be 35....then the big one.

Fubar

Guru
Well done fella! Took me ages to get to 50, now PB is 73 in one go - soon to be 81 (hopefully!)

Johnym

Well done mate :-)

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
:bravo: Well done Hip Priest! I've had three rides over 40 miles so far, but can't see me managing 50 any time soon. Any tips?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Congratulations 50 miles is a major milestone. If you switch to metric now your not far short of your first 100km ride.

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
Nice one mate. As everyone has said, your first half-century is a great milestone. ^_^

OP
OP
Hip Priest

Hip Priest

Veteran
:bravo: Well done Hip Priest! I've had three rides over 40 miles so far, but can't see me managing 50 any time soon. Any tips?

I'd only done three rides over 40 before today, so I'd say if you can do that you can do 50. I just tried not to go too hard early on, and made sure I had plenty of fluid and food.

Cheers to everyone for the comments!

Top Bottom