First Aid For Cyclists App.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
any proficient first aider will be able to deal with a cycling injury. the same basic procedures happen. I can turn almost any item of clothing into something I can use to asssit in First Aid.

rather than follow an app I would suggest going and doing a basic emergency first aid course at an evening class run by either SJA or BRC ( there may be other providers) .

The one I did to be a nominated firs aider in work certainly helped keep one person alive . http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/give-me-some-dialogue-from-your-day.91901/post-2864538

subaqua

What’s the point
^^^^
This!

I also tend to carry a very basic First Aid kit when I'm on the bike and I have a full kit in the back of the car.

I always have a pocket mask in my rucksack, and there is a faceshield in all the 1st aid kits we have. basic on the bike and a good sized kit in both cars.

Basic life support is one life skill we should all learn . my 13yr old daughter learnt at 10 when she was doing her RLSS rookie life saver .

TVC

Like the two posters above I am a rescue diver, so we've all been through role playing and scenario exercises as well as covering the necessary theory of Emergency Response. I can't see what kind of substitute an app might be to proper training. Further, I really think basic first aid and primary response should be compulsary for all 15-16 year olds within the National Curriculum.

subaqua

What’s the point
Like the two posters above I am a rescue diver, so we've all been through role playing and scenario exercises as well as covering the necessary theory of Emergency Response. I can't see what kind of substitute an app might be to proper training. Further, I really think basic first aid and primary response should be compulsary for all 15-16 year olds within the National Curriculum.
its a good idea but what other bits of the NC do you want to drop to fit in all the nice to haves for life skills.

2 evenings £50 total with BRC at Euston training centre. and yes it is a lot for some households but it is a damn good skill to have.

TVC

its a good idea but what other bits of the NC do you want to drop to fit in all the nice to haves for life skills.

2 evenings £50 total with BRC at Euston training centre. and yes it is a lot for some households but it is a damn good skill to have.
I have this quaint old idea that school should prepare people to be adults and to contribute to society and not just be a unit of academic results.
Anyway, we are both coming from the same direction. Proper practical training in first aid is very desireable.

Top Bottom