First "assault" today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
On the way home. Steadily wheezing up a steepish bit I suddenly felt a bang on my arse and a loud shout of "whey hey" as a car with 3 laughing goons sped past. :biggrin:

What I should've done was just blown a kiss but with the shock and the pain I completely lost it and and just screamed "bring it then" and other such Sittingbourne expletives whilst gesticulating wildly for them to stop.

Sadly there were no takers.

Still, it was bound to happen at some point, i've got away with nothing for a Year and a half. Must get a helmet cam, or a tyre shredding shotgun.

Still, on the plus side, with all that anger raging inside me I knocked another 2 minutes off my PB time riding home :sad:

Maz

Guru
Did you get the reg? I'd call that assault.

I'm with Maz. That is assualt. Sure they may have been doing it as a joke, but it would have been so easy for them to knock you off. Also just think how close they must have been to do that.

Contact the police. There may be CCTV near by. The next person they hit, might not be so luck!:biggrin:

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
No I didn't get the reg :sad: I did absolutely everything wrong.
I could've calmly remembered the reg, then noted it down and then asked the motorist behind if she'd be a witness but I did none of that, merely lost my temper and any chance of getting anything done about it.
tHere's no CCTV nearby, its a fairly rural strtch of the journey.

It was a small Blue car, I don't even remember the make. I can't even remember what the idiot looked like through the Red mist that descended :biggrin:

Panter said:
No I didn't get the reg :sad: I did absolutely everything wrong.
I could've calmly remembered the reg, then noted it down and then asked the motorist behind if she'd be a witness but I did none of that, merely lost my temper and any chance of getting anything done about it.
tHere's no CCTV nearby, its a fairly rural strtch of the journey.

It was a small Blue car, I don't even remember the make. I can't even remember what the idiot looked like through the Red mist that descended :biggrin:

Don't beat yourself up about it. The main thing is your ok.

PBancroft

magnatom said:
Don't beat yourself up about it. The main thing is your ok.

Indeed - bad news you haven't got the details, but you're still alive... and you still shaved that time off! Overall, seems like a win to me.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks for the support guys, it does help :sad:

Every time I hear about stuff like this I think:

"They got away with it. Probably do it again".
I must admit thats the worse thing about it. Still, next time I'll either have a camera or just get the reg number or I'll be so fit and fast that I'll be able to catch them and have a quiet word :biggrin:

I always know when I am getting near Sittingbourne because I will hear the immortal words "you shouldn't be on the road on that!" usual from some fat shoot driving a people carrier because he is to fat to get in a normal car, usually wearing a football top as well, even though he resembles the ball far more that any player.

How I love the south east. It's like living in a constant episode of Planet of the Apes.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Catrike UK said:
I always know when I am getting near Sittingbourne because I will hear the immortal words "you shouldn't be on the road on that!" usual from some fat shoot driving a people carrier because he is to fat to get in a normal car, usually wearing a football top as well, even though he resembles the ball far more that any player.

How I love the south east. It's like living in a constant episode of Planet of the Apes.

Thanks for that, that made me laugh :biggrin:

The unfortunate truth is I'm fatter than any of the shoots were in the car, but I'm working on it :biggrin:

Actually, this is the first bit of "trouble" I've had, except for the odd hollered comment so I've done pretty well.
A fat bloke wheezing along on a pushbike wearing lycra, it was gonna happen sometime :sad:

EDIT: Actualy this was Maidstone, and Penenden heath at that. Posh chavs :smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Panter said:
On the way home. Steadily wheezing up a steepish bit I suddenly felt a bang on my arse and a loud shout of "whey hey" as a car with 3 laughing goons sped past. :biggrin:

What I should've done was just blown a kiss but with the shock and the pain I completely lost it and and just screamed "bring it then" and other such Sittingbourne expletives whilst gesticulating wildly for them to stop.

Sadly there were no takers.

Still, it was bound to happen at some point, i've got away with nothing for a Year and a half. Must get a helmet cam, or a tyre shredding shotgun.

Still, on the plus side, with all that anger raging inside me I knocked another 2 minutes off my PB time riding home :wacko:

Its the pink spandex, it drives them wild... :wacko:

That sort of behaviour is really unacceptable, it is a sad thing that we need to resort to carrying cams in the first place. :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mate, I had a near miss - same sort of thing but the idiot missed....my only issue was I was on my best bike (i.e. hand built bike) and a new pair of carbon soled road shoes - so a fight wasn't going to happen - i.e. I couldn't have stood up.

Had I been on my MTB with my SPD shoes..then life might have been different.... but taking on 3 or 4 fellas on with road bike shoes.....

Top Bottom