First "assault" today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
dondare said:
I am shocked to hear that someone smacked your hairy bloke arse.

So.... who is that in your avatar?

Fecking hell dondare - if we knew the answer to that we wouldn’t be wasting our "hairy bloke arse" time posting futile messages on this forum would we! :evil:

Been cycling for a month and i had my first little altercation yesterday evening .. i was on a country mainroad and this faggot started honking like mad and pushing against my side.. ended up crashing onto the pavement. Fortunately there weren't any peds, and I made it with a grazed elbow ... and the odd middle finger to the ****er. Somehow I find it easier to use 'body language' than to shout out loud, most of the time anyway.

dodgy

I got smacked on the arse while riding a few years ago, got his reg, reported to the place and guess what?......

Yep, they actually took an interest and came to my house within about 15 minutes. Nice lady officer took a statement and about 2 weeks later they nabbed him on a Friday night and kept him in a cell while they carried out enquiries.
I could have took it further, but I made the guy stew for about a month while I "made up my mind".
Sometimes the police do actually want to help.

Dave.

inspiration_is_cultivated said:
Been cycling for a month and i had my first little altercation yesterday evening .. i was on a country mainroad and this faggot started honking like mad and pushing against my side.. ended up crashing onto the pavement. Fortunately there weren't any peds, and I made it with a grazed elbow ... and the odd middle finger to the ****er. Somehow I find it easier to use 'body language' than to shout out loud, most of the time anyway.

Hold on! You mean he actually used his vehicle to physically push you off the road? Did you get his reg. That is certainly a police matter.

Catrike UK said:
Hold on! You mean he actually used his vehicle to physically push you off the road? Did you get his reg. That is certainly a police matter.

Yeah .. i was going through a bend and he literally pushed me over and sped off.. Didn't really have time to note his number; Now I'm considering getting a cam..

inspiration_is_cultivated said:
Yeah .. i was going through a bend and he literally pushed me over and sped off.. Didn't really have time to note his number; Now I'm considering getting a cam..

That's only one step away from killing you.

Catrike UK said:
That's only one step away from killing you.

indeed.. trying not to think about it much or it might put me off cycling heh.. but i'm enjoying it too much and in four weeks the absolute majority of motorists were really decent, so a big **** YOU to the faggot lol i'll get a cam or something

I was near Sittingbourne this morning and sure enough, fatty trundled down a lane towards me in his Ford Galaxy, football shirt on, pulled up next to me with the window down and said "your a loony!", to which I replied, "I'm not the one shouting at complete strangers", at this point reality set in for him, I could see it in his face, he visibly twitched, gave a half smile and drove away, it was an intensely satisfying moment for me. I bet he waves hello next time he sees me.

Catrike UK said:
I was near Sittingbourne this morning and sure enough, fatty trundled down a lane towards me in his Ford Galaxy, football shirt on, pulled up next to me with the window down and said "your a loony!", to which I replied, "I'm not the one shouting at complete strangers", at this point reality set in for him, I could see it in his face, he visibly twitched, gave a half smile and drove away, it was an intensely satisfying moment for me. I bet he waves hello next time he sees me.

wit carries you a long way lol

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
dondare said:
So.... who is that in your avatar?

Click here

@ Fossyant, that must've been frustrating. Fortunately I was in SPD's but even they're a bit slippery.

@ Inspiration.. Thats horrendous :smile:

@ Dodgy, Glad you got a result, I'm definately going to get a cam as soon as funds allow.

Mr Pig

It is depressing. The sad thing is that you come to accept people in cars playing with your life as normal! :0( I travel along a short stretch of 60mph road on my ride to work and I'm used to people passing very close to me at high speed. At first it used to freak me out but now I don't even blink. It's wrong that we should have to put up with such deadly behaviour.

I think that most of the time the drivers are just thick and it's only the odd few that deliberately try to harass you as in this case. Where I live it's also very common to get abuse from neds and kids who hang about. Not just verbal, we've had bottles, cans of beer and stones thrown at us! You try to sneak up on them and go so fast you're past before they can wake the brain cell into doing anything. Of all the people using Britain's roads I definitely think that cyclists get by far the most abuse.

@ Panter : you're right it is ;)

@ Mr Pig : Yeah it is sad.. i guess it's our way of not letting such idiots deprive us of the simple but meaningful pleasures of cycling, although I can barely imagine anything worse than ending up in a wheelchair... or six feet under. Fortunately I haven't had anything thrown at me so far.. other than the occasional smart comment [and the side of a car lol]. Might start going out with an airgun slung across my back though, as someone suggested in another post! Or install one of these.

yenrod

Panter Ive had it done to me and you either fold up completely OR do as you do - but what I was going through as the time...just like the time when some stupid bitch of an example of a human turned across me SO her kids could get some sweeties.

And car drivers think I'm out of order saying these things, in conversation, when these type of things happen...

Yeh alright !

Sprocket Dog

Dealing with traffic annoyances...

Sorry to hear that contact was deliberately made. :biggrin: A friend of mine has a way of dealing with such 'annoyances'. He takes down the registration of the offending car, makes up false plate for his bike and then proceeds to get that registration a few parking tickets.The owner of the car doesn't have to pay for the tickets because the V5 document shows that the offending registration belongs to a bar and not a motorbike - they merely suffer some inconvenience of being chased by the council.Morally wrong maybe, but the satisfaction must be immense. :smile:

Top Bottom