First attempt at the 24

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I supported at the Mersey roads 24 TT, Mad rain before the start with huge puddles on the main loop, however that went away before the start. My rider (ERC) got to 12 hours before having to pack due to feeling really sick. :sad:

Supported at a couple of 24 Hours now - its a very different atmosphere from shorter events (recommended!!)

I wonder if anyone has though about a recumbent for the 24 as it seems like an ideal bike...

e-rider

crappy member
so what was your official distance then?

I was thinking of a 100TT which sounded too far - your achievement makes a 100TT look easy!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I supported at the Mersey roads 24 TT, Mad rain before the start with huge puddles on the main loop, however that went away before the start. My rider (ERC) got to 12 hours before having to pack due to feeling really sick. :sad:

Supported at a couple of 24 Hours now - its a very different atmosphere from shorter events (recommended!!)

I wonder if anyone has though about a recumbent for the 24 as it seems like an ideal bike...

Even if they did, if they somehow didn't recognise the lack of a recumbent tick box on the entry form bike type section and the organiser assumed a bicycle which would be the default choice, they would soon learn they aren't allowed to use one when they roll up to the start line and are told they can not start by the time keeper!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
We came second in the team competition at the Mersey Roads 24 (there were two teams). None of us managed 400 this year.

razer17

I can barely stay awake for 24 hours, nevermind ride a bike for that long. That's massively impressive to me. Longest ride I've yet done is 20 miles, though that's because my wheel decided it had had enough. I could do more than 20, but it would take a long, long time before I could manage 374 miles in a 3 day weekend, nevermind one day.

Top Bottom