First Audax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
Je trouve qu'ils me ralentir sur un vélo :bicycle:
:ohmy: :laugh:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
7 info controls on a 100 sounds like a right faff about. Many 200s manage with no infos and many more only use 2 or 3. I wouldn't judge audax in general by your experience on this ride. Good luck. Hope you do enjoy it and don't run out of ink half way round.

Chutzpah

Über Member
7 is an awful lot of information controls. Drop into Argos and pick up a couple of tiny pens :smile:

And have fun.

I sent my wife into Argos the other day to grab me an "audax pen", supposedly though they only do pencils now! Humbug. I did suggest she nip in the bookies but she refused on account that she had the kids with her :whistle:

Chutzpah

Über Member
I'm not advocating cheating :dry: just pointing out that if you miss an info control , and it does happen, don't panic and think your ride is over or feel you have to back track 15 km to get the relevant answer as in my experience other riders are happy enough to help out.

Paul

Yup, it's very easy to do. You're enjoying a certain section of the route, or chatting, and before you know it you're a few kilometres down the road from the control. You've done the route properly, I see no harm either in politely asking if anyone else got it. No-one has told me to get stuffed yet, and I've always been happy to help others.

Top Bottom