First big accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
thanks doily. as I'm sure you can tell, it could defo have been a very nasty one indeed and I'm very happy with the outcome really, spec the whack the hat took

yes the drinking arm, missing tonight cup game and umming the arsenal game on Sat, one of the chaps in the sedate Chicken Run is offering to swap my rowdie seat in chav corner for his sedate one in the old people and feeb's chicken run

I can't be doing any of that hugging and backslapping if we score

are you Ben Ben that I know?

doily

yes, that's me. shocked me out of lurking.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Glad you are OK....ignore some of the fools on ere - proper injury that - some real trophy scars there............ but bin the pedals - if you "save" them ok, but think about axle damage....bin for the claim at least !

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
suppose you're right, LBS mechanic seems to be very good, I'll check that with him when I collect the sad carcass of the bike and store it in the garden for the doubtless disbelieving insurance wallahs

and thanks for the manly words

ash68

Just read of your nasty events the other day, glad to hear your alive and in one piece.Looks like you'll have some canny war wounds to show off when the bandages come off.Take it easy and make sure you screw the b*****d for every penny you can.Hope he gets prosecuted, a nice big fine and loads of penalty points,but then again this is British justice we're talking about.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
aye aye frog man

coppers did mention dangerous driving to be fair but I know what you mean, plenty of enthusiastic witnesses and a nice black and white accident with an injured victim

now or never you might think

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Seriously... pedals need to be binned in a crash that bad, unless there is no sign of damage at all - a bent axle will knacker your knees !!!!

I've got a few trophy scar's, and a good 6 inch square of ass without any hair where I surfed the tarmac at 30 plus mph on a nice sunny day....... wrecked a real nice pair of shorts..... well hissed - that was 10 years ago ish !........

Glad you are OK....even if I sound hard..that's the fun of biking - just nursing a nasty burn on my elbow, shame it wasn't gravel rash.... servicing the wife's car and left my stoopid arm on the exhaust too long..... ah well.......

Pete

Just been reading this thread myself. Sorry about all the pain and hurts and being off the bike for so long Tynan, - I think if that last bit, more than anything else, happened to me, I'd be gutted, don't know whether I'd be able to pull myself out of it. You, hopefully, (I assume) younger and fitter, will get back to scratch, both physically and mentally, and will look back to this little affair with a twinkle in your eye as you tell the gory details to your grandkids...

Leastways, that's what I'd like to think is the ultimate outcome when a cyclist has a bad 'off'...

As for the driver - makes my blood boil. Some of the time I want sprogs to be forever banned from driving their parent's car. No buts, no options, just get the insurance companies to refuse cover in these cases, and the cops to come down hard... I see so many of these beemers and porshes with spotty-faced teen chavs at the wheel, surely they can't afford those sort of wheels on their own...

OK you didn't say how old this driver was - or appeared to be. Maybe it was a 40-year-old and his mum was a pensioner? Oops! Been there myself, used to drive my mother's car around (mainly with her in it - because I didn't fancy her driving abilities...) xx(

catwoman

Just read this, hope the pain doesn't get any worse before it gets better. Bad luck for the crash but it sounded quite spectacular and you are lucky to still be in one piece! Also lucky to have some witnesses. Sue the a**e off the driver.
Get well soon.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
thanks and I'm convinced about the pedals now

and thanks for the kind wishes, I'm a tad nervy about the getting worse myself, woke up to some less than welcome spasms in the upper arm, I suspect the ibuprofen is being rather effective at keeping at all damped down, GP tomorrow

Tynan will be 42 in two months time so not exactly a spring chicken

Starting cycling again has made me fell younger though, lost weight, felt energised and enthused

ah well

trying to get a usb cable for the wife's phone today to upload her pictures

might be able to get my post smash arm up in time for your dinner

and if anyone's worried, I'll be fine I'm sure, just a matter of grinning and bearing it while it gets better

a passing image of what I thought was a young woman in what must have been the passenger seat in hindsight as I hit the car

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
as I said I'm nearly 42

no, I hadn't even though of it

that'd give the pc bluetooth capability I take it?

excellent suggestion, thank-you

Pete

Tynan said:
Tynan will be 42 in two months time so not exactly a spring chicken
42 you young whippersnapper! Have no fear, there's plenty of life left for you and you'll heal up in no time I'm sure. When you approach my age (57) you get a bit more introspective, begin to wonder what might put you out of cycling for good. Well, all I can say is it hasn't happened for me - yet - despite bad back trouble, not been completely off the bike this year apart from a couple of weeks in May. I don't need an 'off' of course, but I'm a fairly cautious cyclist now. Of course the speed and endurance are not what they used to be.

But you'll do fine. Just make sure you're still cycling when you're 60 plus, that's all.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Tynan said:
as I said I'm nearly 42

that'd give the pc bluetooth capability I take it?

You’ve only got a few months on me Tynan (August ’66)

Yes it’d give the PC Bluetooth capability. I was in the same situation as you, wanted a data cable and someone mentioned a dongle.

Top Bottom