First big accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
good man Pete, that cheers me up, introspective - crikey, I was mostly messing, the cycling has defo kicked me into second wind, starting a Law degree on evening classes

on Tuesday (yikes)

and thanks again gambatte, googled it now and it looks a no brainer

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
a very blase doctor has told me I can go back to work next week, booo!

4-6 weeks for full recovery but whatever the fracture clinic says

so if I can go to work on Monday I can go to West Ham/Arsenal on Saturday then

arm scrape seems almost healed, impressive, them fancy dancy dressing at the hospital

everything else is still plenty sore

As has been said, don't let anyone be too casual about your injury at the fracture clinic. Speaking from experience and now being in possession of just the one AC joint, if a problem isn't sorted at the clinic it can be a real pain and expense to get it addressed later.

I'd also invest in some non-NHS physiotherapy once you've been discharged from the fracture clinic in order to make sure everything is working as it should and to deal with any secondary issues caused by the injury. It's well worth the money.

Having said that of course I hope you have as speedy and painless recovery as possible.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Strange thing I noticed this morning.

My commute takes me thro’ a ‘not very nice’ area.

‘Massage’ Parlours, ‘Adult’ funwear shops, the local swingers club, There used to be a pub with a sign outside saying “Sunday dinnertime 2 girls 5 spots” (often wondered where the spots were?). Its now a ‘Gentlemens Club’.

You get the idea? I hope so anyway. I’m starting to run out of apostrophes.

Anyway, back to what I noticed this morning. Theres at least 4 different offices for Injury Lawyers.

Just trying to work out if the area was sleazier before or after?

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
aye aye benborp, gp did say fracture clinic were the experts and whatever they say

hospital did say that I should see the fracture clinic in one week which would have suited nicely, the harassed bloke on appointments said two weeks was the best he could do

so I'll have been back at work for a week by then and presumably not doing whatever exercises I might have been doing, ah well

got bupa so maybe they can do me some physio

starting evening classes on Tuesday too for extra excitement

joined CTC, got £10M of third party and their lawyers are on the case, hopefully with some vigour

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
one does wonder how you can create £10M worth of claim with a push bike

suppose that's why there's £10M worth I suppose

suppose you could knock a ped over and do his brain

Tynan said:

suppose that's why there's £10M worth I suppose

suppose you could knock a ped over and do his brain

Yes it makes you wonder if anyone has ran out of cover :biggrin:.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Tynan said:

You could hit J-Lo!

No, Please. You COULD Hit J-Lo:evil::biggrin:

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
letter today from the legal team

other party has admitted liability! woo hoo, it was only the clearest possible accident in broad daylight with no other parties and a crowd of witnesses that all saw it the same

cor, that's only taken over four months

see the special doctor within six weeks and his report will be done withing four weeks after that, wow the legal wheels move quickly

mention of an interim payment, presumably for the uncontested damages and losses, the bike (sniff) and most of the kit I had on plus travel and some odds and ends

glen , I recovered very well considering but mostly I was potless so couldn't pay for anything up front, thinking about it now as I do have some issues with a stiff neck, upper spine and shoulder for no apparent reason other than the accident

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
yes, as luck would have I have an incoming cheque for most of the price of a new bike and I can hopefully scrape the rest together, sods law that init when I couldn't raise £100 for the last four months

ah well, it's moved me from hybrid to roadie/cyclocross and up a notch in bike quality too

carbon fibre!

ooh!

Top Bottom