First clipless day today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
:smile:

I'm sure theres a hill in Norwich somewhere ;)

Does Gas Hill count do you think? I haven't cycled up that since I was in my 20s. Ketts Hill was a challenge in my 30's although I used to whizz up that when I was a kid.
Today is a work day so I hope to get out on my bike by about 4pm. Work is a necessary evil but it does pay for bike goodies, it also gets in the way of cycling :sad:

Part time cyclist

Über Member
I adjuste
I've only been out on two rides in them but aren't enjoying them yet personally! The first outing, I had the cleats turned too much inwards causing some slight knee pain, but today I rectified that. I've now found that my main issue is the hills, which feel much more difficult. I suspect my cleats are too far forward, meaning I'm cycling on my toes. Determined to get there eventually!!!

Anyone else fine with clipping out, but having embarrassingly 'slippy' moments at roundabouts and such? I just can't get the bike moving and get in quick enough without falling about!
I had rmti adjust mine as they were too far forward and I was trying to cycle on my toes since then they feel ok..... I don't have too much problems clipping in and out at the mo... Just unclog a bit early as I don't want to fall over because I forgot to unclip... Lol

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
So the clipless moment came at an unexpected time. I have been so careful with clipping out before I brake for traffic lights and junctions etc.
Today it was caning it down and I was heading across the car parking area at home (we live on a farm where there are 5 homes so lots of parking space) and I steered between our car and the fuel oil tank, got it hopelessly wrong and forgot that I was clipped in. I couldn't fall off properly on account of the car and the oil tank being in the way, but I bashed my knee up fairly soundly on the way. Felt a right prawn. Luckily nobody saw ^_^

I am still deeply in love with being clipless. I had a little fettle of my shoes this morning as the cleats were not quite level and felt a tad odd. Level now. Clipping in is definitely improving too.

Finally feeling better on the clipless now the cleats have been moved right back so I'm not peddling with my toes! But now my rear wheels messed up when will the problems end haha!

techgirl

I know everyone says it but I've been really surprised about how fast I've gotten used to clipping in and out.
Still not fast away from the lights but improving clipping in everyday.^_^

Top Bottom