First Club Ride Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Going on my first Club ride on Sunday, not used to riding in a group would be grateful for any tips and advice on etiquette.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Remember to take a flask of tea

I'd ride at the back for a few miles to get used to their riding style and speed. don't miss doing your turn on the front once you've settled in though.don't forget to point out any road defects for the riders behind you.
I've ridden with a few clubs and all do things slightly differently. the way they change at the front and the way they either point or shout warnings of potholes or obstructions.
who are you going with? the cleveleys rc?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
If its raining or the road is damp dont ride behind the person with raceblades on. You will get covered in crap from the road.
Keep an eye on the guy infront more, i found sometimes you cant look around much especially if there is someone that isnt as confident because i have found that they will grab their brakes when there is really no need.
A tip i was given by someone in the club was when decending look for someone who knows what lines to take and who are confident and get on their back wheel.
If your going to do some overtaking when going up a hill or going down a hill then make sure you look behind and check there is no-one there. I have seen someone nearly be taken out by someone just moving out and going.
Remember where the cafe stop(if there is one) for next time so you can shoot off and get their first.:smile:

mondobongo said:
Yes Cleveleys RC.
not the world famous ingleton and back over roeburndale ride?:smile:
it seems to be a favourite!
i met up with the cleveleys once midweek and did a few miles with them they're a good bunch with loads of experienced riders..

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
No we went to Rivington and Belmont roughly 80 miles, had a great time and a good crack. Enough to make me join the Club wish I had done it earlier.

great stuff, good to hear it. i went out with my son and cut short to 40 miles after getting soaked !

Top Bottom