First Comute on a long shift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crossy

I've comuted to work when working only 4 - 5 hrs before no problem. This was my first comute on a long day 8 half hour day on my feet all day. Nice journey into work at 4.50am just as the sun was rising (bit dangerous as I felt the open road calling not work). 12 miles to work. 16 miles back tired when I got home. Came to the conclusion the travelling to and from work was more enjoyable than the work.

sticky sherbert

You can bet your life if you have a real hard day the wind will be in your face all the way home.

D

Deleted member 1258

At my last job I would often find myself pedalling home, about 6 miles, after a 12 to 14 hour shift, though tired the roads were usually more pleasant at that time than during rush hour. I would often be pedalling home late after many hours cooped up in a van, it was always nice to get on my bike and stretch my legs after that.

potsy

Rambler
crossy said:
I've comuted to work when working only 4 - 5 hrs before no problem. This was my first comute on a long day 8 half hour day on my feet all day. Nice journey into work at 4.50am just as the sun was rising (bit dangerous as I felt the open road calling not work). 12 miles to work. 16 miles back tired when I got home. Came to the conclusion the travelling to and from work was more enjoyable than the work.
I think that every day crossy:biggrin:
Oh and you need to 'Man Up';)

Top Bottom