first day of summer ,where did you go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mitch

well first day in the summer gear and what a day ,75 miles around the cotswolds my local roads ,life doesnt get better than this .shame about all the potholes though ,its been a long winter!!!!!!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
To work, in a car.

I commute by bike normally, but on Thursday morning my chain started making grinding noises a few hundred metres from work.

When I got to work and checked, it was a split (broken) link.

Will be fixing it tomorrow and getting back on the bike. I was really miffed this morning as it the best day of the year, and I was driving.

Cat

I cycled from Romford to Rayleigh and back, about a 42 mile all round trip... didnt realise how strong the sun was and burnt my arms.. ;)

All good tho when the sun is shinning and the white pins start to come out fro a bit of summerish sun tanning. :ohmy:

Norm

Went for a ride with The Smalls today, although had an unexpected bonus when Hotmetal called as we approached Windsor, so we arranged to meet up for a coffee... ok, we arranged to meet up for an ice-cream.

We only covered about 12-13 miles, I guess, but it's the first "long" (all things are relative when you are 9 years old ;) ) ride that we've done together this year and fun was had by all.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
50 miles round greater Manchester, my 1st 50 mile ride. Getting knocked of by a car 20 miles in kind of ruined it though. Made the distance though and that's what matters.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Went to Evans in Hendon to get a few bits, the mrs wanted some cycling shorts, a water bottle and holder for her new bike. I wanted a new top, some ergonomic handlebar grips and my boy wanted some fingerless gloves and some lights. When we got home we all went out for a 15 mile ride, stopping halfway round for a coffee and a slice of carrot cake at a lovely little cafe in St.Albans park. Then after dinner i went out on another ride with a mate and we did another 12 miles or so.

looe

I went from Looe to Torpoint and back (963 meter ascent)

Welsh National Pool for good swim this morning, enjoyed a bit of the sun in the garden this afternoon.

Followed by two hours shut eye, then seven mile cycle down Clyne Valley around the Bay into work for nights.

The best thing about working nights on a Saturday Night, is the Cycle home on Sunday Morning

CamR

70 miles around County Durham. I had my jacket and arm warmers/kneewarmers on for most of the ride because of the wind and cloud cover although I managed to get the jacket and armwarmers off for the last 10 miles.

Garz

Squat Member
first day of summer ,where did you go?

Done a ride from Bolton to Chesterfield (stayed overnight for a birthday party) approx 125 there and back. Great weather, has been a relief to ditch most of the winter wear and only worry about sweating/re-hydration!

Rode the Crab and Winkle trail from Canterbury to Whitstable (6 miles mostly off road).
Light lunch and a good pot of tea in Whitstable.
A walk around the harbour, and some time watching the sailing boats.
Rode back along the Crab and Winkle trail - more hills on the return trip......

Then went home and did some gardening, which we had been putting off for far too long.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I did a 42 miler. From Walsall to Birmingham, to wolverhampton hen back to Walsall. Mainly on tow-paths.

Note to self: Next time check that no-one has tied a barge to my seatpost.

Top Bottom