First decent ride complete (Complete Agony!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Falco Frank

Über Member
Sorry couldnt resist!

Yes, I completed the 30 mile charity ride that I trained (poorly) for, good job I did that as I'm not sure I would of finished at all, otherwise. Only 1700ft of climbing in the North Yorkshire hills but that was enough for me.

REALLY enjoyed the middle (downhill) section as there were miles of smooth road after it but the last 10 miles left me really tired.

Heriot, did very well and fitting spd pedals was the right move, even if I did walk most of the steepest incline.

Sadly, even after a hot bath and cold shower, the next morning. I could hardly walk! It has literally been decades since my calves have felt so bad and they are really only easing properly now. Lesson Learned.

I raised a few smiles and comments but more importantly, £200 for a worthy charity.

Cheers

42163375991_12a1c2eb1f_c.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:bravo:

Good for you! New to recumbents and straight into a 30 mile charity ride. I ride uprights a lot and have ridden a recumbent since about February or March but doubt that is get through without aches on aches. Perhaps recover a bit then go for a short ride. Then start training for something else!

NB I've assumed you're new to recumbents too. I'm am learning you have to get used to cycling recumbents a bit. I think I need to go on a good blast sometime.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Sorry couldnt resist!

Yes, I completed the 30 mile charity ride that I trained (poorly) for, good job I did that as I'm not sure I would of finished at all, otherwise. Only 1700ft of climbing in the North Yorkshire hills but that was enough for me.

REALLY enjoyed the middle (downhill) section as there were miles of smooth road after it but the last 10 miles left me really tired.

Heriot, did very well and fitting spd pedals was the right move, even if I did walk most of the steepest incline.

Sadly, even after a hot bath and cold shower, the next morning. I could hardly walk! It has literally been decades since my calves have felt so bad and they are really only easing properly now. Lesson Learned.

I raised a few smiles and comments but more importantly, £200 for a worthy charity.

Cheers

View attachment 409627
Well done! Will get easier from now on

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well done:okay:
It takes quite some time to get your 'bent legs apparently. Every time I go out on the trike I get aches I wouldn't on my upwrongs, but then I don't ride it as much as I would like too

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
Well done.:wahhey:

Why is it that every so called "Organised" ride I've been on seems to save the biggest hardest/ steepest/ longest damned hills right at the end?:cursing:
Eg. London to Brighton has the ditchling beakon!:banghead:
OK so you have to get over the "Downs" to get into Brighton BUT why go over the highest point via the steepest route.:evil:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Well done.:wahhey:

Why is it that every so called "Organised" ride I've been on seems to save the biggest hardest/ steepest/ longest damned hills right at the end?:cursing:
Eg. London to Brighton has the ditchling beakon!:banghead:
OK so you have to get over the "Downs" to get into Brighton BUT why go over the highest point via the steepest route.:evil:
Sadism?

Top Bottom