First E bike mtb world championships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
hmmm

AndyRM

XOXO
It's not for me, but it's an interesting idea I think, and it's novel for the UCI to embrace a new (to the mainstream) technology rather than crush it.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Why? What will this prove.
Who is good enough to get to the finish first. Just like any form of racing, that is the only point to it.

On a serious note, it will encourage manufacturers to develop batteries and motors with greater longevity and performance than at present, eventually leading to practical two wheelers that do not need to be pedalled. And before anyone says that is not real cycling, the majority of the population don't give a toss about real cycling but many of those will buy electric bikes as an alternative to the car for a lot of their journeys, leading to less congestion and pollution.

And that's what we all want, right? (Or so we claim till one of them passes us on a hill and we get all indignant about having our egos deflated :okay:)

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Why? What will this prove.
First it will prove that e bikes are not just for the aged and infirm. It will also bring ebike racing to the public. It will not be as easy as some people think, I would imagine.

Globalti

Legendary Member
They're here to stay, I nipped into Leisure Lakes in Bury yesterday to find that they've opened a new e bike showroom, adding 50% more to their already huge store. There must have been well over 100 different e bikes there, 90% of them mountain. Some of the road bikes looked just like regular bikes, you have to look at the rear hub to spot the motor. In the traditional bike showroom upstairs only about 2% were road bikes, the rest were burly downhill bikes with huge wheels like scrambler motorbikes.

Jimidh

Veteran
The key to success in mountain biking is all about how fast you can make it down hill - the best riders will still win those races.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
View it as a sport in its own right.

People race cars, motorbikes, lorries, all manner of wheeled vehicles.

I'm told you need to be bloody fit to race an F1 car or Moto GP bike.

No one calls those fellas 'cheats' or worries about them having a motor.

Ebike racing is just another form of motorsport.

Like the others, it will have its fans, and it will have those it bores rigid.

Top Bottom