First fairy visit...bah

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Had my first p******e today...fortunately about 2 minutes from my preferred LBS...lucky eh :becool:

Can I now expect more visits - this was the first after several thousand miles on about 7 different bikes! Probably need to buy some spare tubes and learn how to use them :eek:

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I had my first visit last month and finally changed it last week which was a massive learning curve and took me the best part of an hour, lots of swearing and some tears. Went to give the tyre a quick pump before leaving the house on Sunday morning and accidentally snapped the metal bit off the valve and now need to go through the whole thing again. I fear there will be more tears and more swearing but at least I'm not scared to remove the back wheel now :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
PUNCTURES.... are all part and parcel of cycling.
Do youself a favour and learn how to tackle PUNCTURES yourselves.
A handy skill to learn and will save you some dosh.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
learn to do it yourself , your bound to get one at the wrong time and when your not near a shop.I had one Thursday morning at 5 am , only 7 miles or so from the nearest LBS but i would put money on them not being open .

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I am hoping not to have another for 3 years, can cope with £15 for tube and labour on that basis...I should probably buy a spare tube

have an acute tennis elbow flare at the moment, I am not sure I could have changed the tube even if I had known how

berty bassett

Legendary Member
what a time to read this ! 10 mins before i go out for a 80 - now i've got to do the funny dance ,find a black cat , carry a rabbits foot and walk backwards down the drive so it looks like i'm coming home

mattobrien

Guru
Lucky enough not to have had a puncture on my road bike for a while now, but I always carry a tube, patches, levers and a CO2 inflator. Rescue simply isn't an option so I need to be self sufficient.

I think the last one I had was on my MTB when I was going for a Strava segment around our local reservoir. Obviously didn't get the KoM,but also didn't have to walk back tot he car...

Berties

Fast and careful!
Depends on your tyres,road slicks ,get a pile of tubes in,always some one worse off ,the rain and now sun has not helped ,500 miles on specific flat guards in 2 weeks,3 punctures in two days and tyre ruptured, now fitted gaitor skins not the answer but helps,always carry tubes,pumps etc

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
OK, given I probably should learn to sort a puncture...recommendations for an easy to use mini pump (that is elbow friendly) and reasonable inner tubes for a Sirrus elite (700x28c wheels with standard presta valve), plus whatever other tools I may need (levers, other?)

Thanks

Top Bottom