First fixed century in the morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Good luck! The fixed disease is spreading.

Quite a few of the local Audax peeps seem to be going fixed for extra audacity.

Me? I’ll stick to my triple for now. Let us know how you get on.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Go for it! It gets you fit. Not too many pitfalls*.

*One, discovered years ago: if you push your limits on a hilly 300 to the extent that you blow, the combination of fixed and hills makes a recovery pace quite difficult.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
Just got back. 102.2miles, 8675ft climbing, 8hr 2min.

It was all good until I hit a steep climb around mile 55, it took a lot out of my triceps and I struggled for a while. Stopped and sat on a bench for 10mins in St. Newlyn East, helped quite a bit. I'm really happy I've got my first fixed century out the way, the only reason I made this thread is that I kept cancelling doing it for one reason or another. Figured if I posted it on here, I couldn't let the forum down now could I... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

It was all good until I hit a steep climb around mile 55, it took a lot out of my triceps and I struggled for a while. Stopped and sat on a bench for 10mins in St. Newlyn East, helped quite a bit. I'm really happy I've got my first fixed century out the way, the only reason I made this thread is that I kept cancelling doing it for on reason or another. Figured if I posted it on here, I coludn't let the forum down now could I... :rolleyes:

Well done, superb effort. Its been about four years since I did a fixed century, a forum ride organized by totallyfixed, a hundred and eight mile day.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/100-mile-fixed-gear-ride-spring-2014.136598/page-16

alicat

Legendary Member
Wow, good effort. I'm pleased with my 12 miles on my fixed today, interspersed with lunch...

It was all good until I hit a steep climb around mile 55, it took a lot out of my triceps and I struggled for a while. Stopped and sat on a bench for 10mins in St. Newlyn East, helped quite a bit. I'm really happy I've got my first fixed century out the way, the only reason I made this thread is that I kept cancelling doing it for one reason or another. Figured if I posted it on here, I couldn't let the forum down now could I... :rolleyes:
Excellent :okay: I've done a few ton's on my heavy fixed but never with so much climbing nice one :okay:

Top Bottom