First group ride help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Well slightly later than advertised I joined my local club for a Sunday social ride for the first time. I hope I took on all your advice, listened well, learnt the signals and really enjoyed the ride in beautiful weather. I was taken down roads I have not travelled before, taken the ferry, found another great cafe with stunning cake. Best of all was the way I was made to feel welcome, with people coming to ride by my side and have a nice chat. The miles just flew by, and a much higher speed than I normally ride but it was all good and it was also a no drop ride. I did surprise myself with how I kept up and I will be joining them again in the not too distant future. Thanks to the 53-11 club for making me welcome.
Still loving riding my bike !!

Well slightly later than advertised I joined my local club for a Sunday social ride for the first time. I hope I took on all your advice, listened well, learnt the signals and really enjoyed the ride in beautiful weather. I was taken down roads I have not travelled before, taken the ferry, found another great cafe with stunning cake. Best of all was the way I was made to feel welcome, with people coming to ride by my side and have a nice chat. The miles just flew by, and a much higher speed than I normally ride but it was all good and it was also a no drop ride. I did surprise myself with how I kept up and I will be joining them again in the not too distant future. Thanks to the 53-11 club for making me welcome.
Still loving riding my bike !!

Oddly enough, I've just upgraded my new bike to a top ratio of 53-11:eek:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Thanks to the OP for sharing their experience :smile: will perhaps make me look at club cycling again. I haven't to date because the thought or having to go faster or slower than I want, or not go on random detours that take my fancy hasn't always appealed to me. But it would be nice to break out of the dozen or so regular routes.

Top Bottom