First Image from the James Webb telescope...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Nil is a harsh score.

Reckon it's at least 3/10

Well, it had the effect of getting me to read the thread. I thought "what on earth is that about?, so, clicked on it", well done ;)

winjim

Smash the cistern
I thought there was Gravity, or at least Gravitational effect, even in Space, if not, what is the force which keeps the Earth spinning around the sun, and, the moon, spinning around the Earth? Do I need to read my "The Universe for Dummies" book again, more carefully this time?

You are correct, that's why the most important officer on a spaceship is the boatswain.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
STScI-01G70BN48JR6M4ZTW3642X2D2H.png

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
The way I look at it the solar system is just a molecule and the planets are atoms spinning around it. We are probably just part of a chair leg or something in a larger system.

Ive thought this for a while.

My other half says everything is fractal and that just feels right.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Indeed. But on a serious note, to see the effect of gravitational lensing like that, demonstrated so clearly, is a beautiful thing.

I hate you. You completely had me and I was being so nice and patient while gritting my teeth.:laugh:

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
Can that be right if the universe is only (!) 13.8 billion years old?

Its going the opposite direction.

You are seeing light from the star just after the big bang which was 13.8 billion years ago but to travel to it would take 27 billion years (assuming you could stop expansion of the universe whilst travelling)

Top Bottom