First incident caught on camera - RLJ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
oh well. They should make that cycle lane at the traffic lights mandatory and keep the cycle lane on green :biggrin:

video clearly shows that you could see her a long way ahead, you had time to look over your shoulder and she stopped before actually entering your path of travel.

I wonder if the cyclist you overtook too closely IMO knew what you were shouting about, or whether from his POV you might have appeared to have passed too close shouting "f**k's sake" at him for "getting in your way"

I know that's not the case but might have seemed that way from another perspective

What ST said...That happens to me a lot..so when I am overtaking a cyclist or anyone now I try and give more space...The best one is doing it to cabbies (giving them loads of space that is) as they are so variable in their overtakes.

OP
OP
W

winstonsmith

trustysteed - yes I did see her however there was a car directly behind me that I didn't want to pull out into. In retrospect I should have handled it differently I just wanted to illustrate that she jumped the red light and didn't appear to look right. She was still moving as I passed her, although slowly.

Sheffield_Tiger - He was actually cycling with her and had just jumped the redlight. I don't usually say anything to redlight jumpers.

I think the wonderful thing about video cameras is the ability to view my own mistakes as well as others and hopefully learn from them.

trustysteed said:
video clearly shows that you could see her a long way ahead, you had time to look over your shoulder and she stopped before actually entering your path of travel.

I would agree partily, but doesn't mean I wouldn't shout (maybe not agressive) at someone approaching, and I certainly wouldn't want to be the one to stop with the possibility of traffic bearing down behind me (neither would I want to swerve out).

Personally, as soon as I saw it, I would have done a shoulder check and if safe moved into the line of traffic to make sure I was clear... and then maybe said something ;)

i appreciate you not wanting to pull out with a vehicle behind you. i just wanted to point out you had time to look over your shoulder for a vehicle but seemed to make no effort to slow down for the 'hazard' ahead?

OP
OP
W

winstonsmith

Yes. Point taken. I should have. I assumed she was going to stop before then but I realise in hindsight that I should have prepared and slowed down.

winstonsmith said:
I think the wonderful thing about video cameras is the ability to view my own mistakes as well as others and hopefully learn from them.

Same here...that why you and I can work out why things happen.

May be mistakes or just poor positioning.

Crankarm

Guru
Watched it, but without any sound. You had traffic to your right and a manhole cover sort of thing in your path to negotiate. The stupid woman didn't even look just carried on when she clearly didn't have right of way. I think she was possibly Chinese or SE Asian - Thai or Vietnamese so may have little experience of UK roads. Did you not shout or Airzound her as she just does not look! I would have thought she would have done so had you shouted loud enough! A menace nonetheless, an accident waiting to happen.

Crankarm said:
I think she was possibly Chinese or SE Asian - Thai or Vietnamese so may have little experience of UK roads.

They cycle,moped ride like that in Thailand...don't generally look if they are on a moped if they are coming from the left like that.Took a bit of getting used to.

Top Bottom