First little accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oops! I've came close but always managed to stop in time....... so far!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Terminator said:
Yes we keep learning more and more of BentMikeys misdemeanors while he openly criticises other peoples cycling because it doesn't fit in with Cyclecraft.Or his idealistics because he is so good.Or so he thinks.

LOL, got a bit of a chip on your shoulder? The difference is that like magnatom, I'm willing to admit I make mistakes and learn from them. As for the cyclecraft stuff, that's only because I've been helped by others, and when I think it's worth commenting on, I feel I have an obligation to pass on the knowledge. It's not out of a sense of snobbery, or anything like that, but more because I care.

bonj2

Terminator said:
Yes we keep learning more and more of BentMikeys misdemeanors while he openly criticises other peoples cycling because it doesn't fit in with Cyclecraft.Or his idealistics because he is so good.Or so he thinks.

it's because he's got a recumbent so has difficulty balancing properly.

Road Fiddler

The woman following could have asked if she could have rubbed your nads better for you.

As for Cyclecraft. For us that have been cycling for many years and have learnt by trial and error it might seem a little over stated but i feel it should be promoted for the less experienced amongst us, why should they learn through trial and error when there is a great little book to help guide them. And, what ever our experience we can all benefit from it.

The more cyclist cycling correctly on the roads the safer the roads become for all cyclist.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm sure you are doing lots right. That doesn't make cyclecraft wrong, but instead a good way to help others improve. I care about getting better myself, and about helping others.

In general, I've seen a few older and experienced cyclists have a problem with cycle craft, but when challenged, I don't recall any one able to come up with any specific situation that was wrong in cyclecraft. My impression is that for these folks, it's just an ego/don't tell me how to ride thing that they have against cyclecraft.

Hmmm I've got a copy somewhere.Yes im sure im not perfect but I dont really change my riding on a route I have cycled over 5000+ times over 18 years.I do seem to learn new tactics and some of the road positioning said by you and others on this board is quite helpful to stop the dreaded left hook.Also tend to watch what people are doing in their cars as well.It wouldn't surprise me if one of them was cooking a stir fry in there.

I don't think the newbies nowadays are as good as the newbies ten or twenty years ago.Riding back last night how many cyclists did I see without a back light? (it was dark btw)

Still I guess it's not my business and I should concentrate on my own cycling.

Cheers.

bonj2

Terminator said:
No I haven't got a chip on my shoulder with BentMikey just got cheesed off with all this cyclecraft stuff.I doubt whether cyclecraft was around when I first started cycling.Anyway I must be doing something right.(Touchwood)

I've never needed cyclecraft. It's just one bloke's views after all.

bonj said:
I've never needed cyclecraft. It's just one bloke's views after all.

Let us be the judge of that. Go on Bonj film your rides. xx(

In fact I am soon to be selling my ATC 2000 (once I can find all the bits I didn't use). Have you got any spare cash?

Of course we could have a whip round to pay for it (I need the money to help pay for the new car!). Who would be willing to contribute to the 'lets see how bonj cycles' fund!

:sad::biggrin:

bonj2

magnatom said:
Let us be the judge of that. Go on Bonj film your rides. :sad:

In fact I am soon to be selling my ATC 2000 (once I can find all the bits I didn't use). Have you got any spare cash?

Of course we could have a whip round to pay for it (I need the money to help pay for the new car!). Who would be willing to contribute to the 'lets see how bonj cycles' fund!

:eek::biggrin:
yeah, I'm up for that! xx(
If anybody wants to chip in for a camera for me, please feel free.
Alternatively you could always lend a camera, I'd be willing to pay for postage to send it back complete with footage of my commute and possibly a couple of little other rides. The footage on yours seems fairly good quality magna.

I'll need to think about lending it and how my wife would react.

Mrs Magnatom: I thought you were selling that camera

Me: Ah well I......xx(

I'm only looking for £45 which would include postage for the whole thing (assuming I can find all of the bits).

It would include the 2Gb sandisk II flash as well..... Can I tempt you at all?:sad:

Top Bottom