First little accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BentMikey said:
I am very tempted!!

To chip in?

bonj2

magnatom said:
I'll need to think about lending it and how my wife would react.

Mrs Magnatom: I thought you were selling that camera

Me: Ah well I......xx(

I'm only looking for £45 which would include postage for the whole thing (assuming I can find all of the bits).

It would include the 2Gb sandisk II flash as well..... Can I tempt you at all?:sad:
How much is it new?
and how securely does it fasten to your helmet/head?
How light is it?
And don't blame the wife. Surely she can't be that desparate for fortyfive quid
that she's got to rely on you to sell your camera? The fact is you're scared I'll like it and keep saying 'oh can i just borrow it for a bit longer', but no there'll be a time limit, after which I'll either send it back or send you the money, but can't guarantee it'll be the latter that's all.
To be truthful, it's always the sort of thing i've wanted to try out but it's more a 'novelty' than a 'need'...

Why are you selling it, anyway?

bonj2

I know - raffle it. Start a thread asking people if they'd be willing to buy £1 tickets or £2, with the proviso that it only goes ahead if enough people are willing to buy tickets/do buy tickets. You then send it to me and a week later I'll send it on to the winner with the footage on it. Everybody wins!

You know Bonj, thats not such a bad idea!

What the hell. I will donate the camera for free.

Unfortunately my mother was recently diagnosed with motor neuron disease. She is loosing the ability to speak and swallow. Fortunately she has no problems with her arms and legs at the moment.
She is getting a significant amount of help from the Scottish Motor Neuron Disease association which helps with arranging equipment, arranging dietitians, speech therapy, providing support, small grants etc.

Amazingly they aren't funded by the NHS and rely on donations (I support them with a monthly standing order).

Therefore, we could run a sort of raffle where if members would donate £2 to the association they would be entered into the draw. (I am sure I can arrange something via justgiving or similar). When I have all the names, I would arrange to have all the names put in a hat and draw a winner (I would film it of course!) Bonj would have the camera for a month (say) and the winner would get it to keep after that.

What do people think is this a goer? Can we trust Bonj to pass the camera on xx(?

I realise that it is a local Scottish charity, but I would like to support this one for obvious reasons. If I do it this way I am sure that my wife will be supportive.

I'm not sure I can find all of the bits and there is a little broken bit of plastic in the battery compartment but it works fine and I definitely have the helmet attachment.

Let me know what you think and if anyone knows an easy way to set this up let me know!

bonj2

go on then i'll live dangerously, i'll chip in a fiver.

Best way of doing it, is set up a thread saying payments must be made by paypal by a certain date, and giving a paypal address (by pm/obfuscation if you like to avoid spam). Any that are in by that date will be entered into the draw, any that aren't won't be and will be refunded - you don't want loads of IOUs, equally you don't want to hold it off forever while people remember where their pocket is. Basically only treat actual payments as commital, and as people pay update the thread with total amount and each person's stake.
You'll need to get people to PM you with what their paypal will come through as so you can associate payments to usernames. And say multiple of a quid only, or multiples of two quid only, you don't want to have to have thousands of little tickets worth a penny each.
Also set a minimum amount that has to be reached if you like...IIRC paypal can do refunds which doesn't involve a fee being charged, which you can do if that amount isn't reached.
that's basically it I think...

Thanks for the info bonj, but I will organise it through justgiving. That way everyone will know that the money is going where I say it's going.

Can I trust you to pass the camera on to the winner after using the camera for a maximum of 1 month?

bonj2

magnatom said:
Thanks for the info bonj, but I will organise it through justgiving. That way everyone will know that the money is going where I say it's going.

Can I trust you to pass the camera on to the winner after using the camera for a maximum of 1 month?

oh yeah, sure - if you give me the address of who to send it to and by when.
I'll take your word to be final...
presuming the usb cable and software goes with it?

bonj2

gambatte said:
Bonj - that applies even if Tynan wins

doesn't matter who wins, if magnatom sends me it on the understanding that I will send it on, then it doesn't matter to me who I send it on to xx(
gambatte said:
Tynan, that means Bonj would have your address!!
if Tynan / (rothbook? if he is rothbook) has a problem with that then I could send it back to mangatom and he could forward it.

bonj said:
doesn't matter who wins, if magnatom sends me it on the understanding that I will send it on, then it doesn't matter to me who I send it on to xx(

if Tynan / (rothbook? if he is rothbook) has a problem with that then I could send it back to mangatom and he could forward it.

Fair enough. If anyone has a problem with bonj knowing your address I will forward the prize!

bonj2

oh, and i'm sure you've already considered this, but presumably the amount of things in the hat for each person is proportional to their donation? use beer-bottle tops or something similar...

Top Bottom