First night ride

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Wetdog, 27 Oct 2016.

Tags:
  1. Wetdog

Wetdog Senior Member

just come back from a quick flirt on the bike in the dark, and I like it ^_^.
    First off though I'd like to say I didn't fall off ^_^.
    It was exhilarating to say the least. A lot more folk about on their bikes although some were going home from work or whatever.
    Completely different to the day ride, #*my bad cycle handling showed up :blush: and it felt fast. I really enjoyed it, think I'll do night time from now on.

Last edited: 27 Oct 2016
    si_c, Pat "5mph", Dogtrousers and 7 others like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Wetdog

Wetdog Senior Member

#*I would like to say that I was never in danger nor where other road users.

3. Sounds brilliant Wetdog,and something I want to do again.
    I felt an adrenaline rush and quite nervous when I did it,and felt like I was going faster than I was probably going ^_^

VintageRuby and Mrs M like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Wetdog

Wetdog Senior Member

Yeah I know ^_^, but it feels good.
    Not to sure I would go out in the countryside yet, but round the main roads ain't to bad.

5. Mrs M

Mrs M Veteran

I really enjoy night rides :smile:
    Wee bit "tame" on the Pashley though :blush:
    Should borrow Mr M's bike :dry: or even better, a fat bike would jazz things up a bit :hyper:

si_c and Wetdog like this.
  6. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

To 'get' nightriding you've got to be on unlit roads, ideally with a nice isolated pub to welcome you. :becool:

7. lazybloke

lazybloke Über Member

The countryside is where it's at!
    Doesn't have to be a fast ride, doesn't need descents, technical or complicated bit. There's just the sheer joy of getting out in away from the urban sprawl and lamposts. Even better if you can go offroad; it's another world.

8. Oh you should do Countryside trails !!!!
    Now that's what I'm talking about :okay:
    Like the ones in my media page.
    Excellent and exciting

welsh dragon, Wetdog and Mrs M like this.
  9. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

I enjoy cycling in the night and out away from street lighting, I actually feel safer than cycling during the day.

raleighnut likes this.
  10. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Off road is great. Saw 3 badgers within half a mile tonight. Just 1 dog walker on the totally dark farm tracks and canal paths in nearly 10 miles.

11. I ride to work at 5.30am each morning. 12 miles through the Danish countryside. Pitch black. My biggest problem is avoiding all the wildlife.

Wetdog, Dogtrousers and raleighnut like this.
  12. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

With a real fire when it's cold. :smile:

raleighnut and Wetdog like this.
  13. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

The Cat And Fiddle Inn is a good un (they even named the pass after the pub)

14. lpretro1

lpretro1 Guest

Makes a change for you that then - not falling off!

15. froze

froze Well-Known Member

I hope you didn't fall off, nothing changes from day to night, just the zombies come out at night but I run them over with my titanium bike and they die.

I like to ride at night...or day, it doesn't matter, the night just adds a different perspective from what I see during the day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice