First onboard footage, descent and street riding with speedometer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
magnatom said:
That means you must be impressed with me as well then! You should see some of the comments I am receiving on my videos at the moment. :ohmy:

Yes but allegedly, you are cycling correctly, apart from queuing at lights which you do like a big sissy :angry: Whereas DM did a few things, shall we say, wrong!

Crackle said:
Yes but allegedly, you are cycling correctly, apart from queuing at lights which you do like a big sissy :angry: Whereas DM did a few things, shall we say, wrong!

Allegedly!? :ohmy::smile:

DM just wants the fame and fortune that comes with publishing cycle videos. However, as is often the case with these things, the first and best makes money, and the rest just have to try and do something different, but usually fail.

I just have to find out who was the first and best! :smile:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
BentMikey said:
*ahem* Let's not be having helmet religeon in this discussion please.

Each to their own, but my advice was offered after watching him overtake cars, downhill, over solid white lines, at speeds over 45mph, a blow out of a tyre would be curtains.

But each to their own.

OP
OP
distortedmotion

distortedmotion

Yes, I have been comsidering it for some time. My gf keeps on and on about it too.
I have a really fast metabolisum though and get really hot, that video was shot at around 3-4 degrees. I just get concerned about overheating I guess?

PrettyboyTim

I like the ingenious speedo setup. I had assumed that there would be focusing problems with a speedo that close, but evidently not; I thought it worked pretty well!

If I still had a working camera and my overtaking range sensor I'd be tempted to do something very similar; which camera did you use?

As others have said I think some of the riding was pretty reckless but I'm going to start name-calling over that! :tongue:

OP
OP
distortedmotion

distortedmotion

Hi, I used a mini dv camcorder. I like to shoot in the best quality possible just to make it a bit more future proof, I used to have an Oregon scientific but the quality was very bad. I too thought there would be problems with the focus, but so far so good. If it aint broke don't fix it lol.

MajorMantra

PrettyboyTim said:
I like the ingenious speedo setup. I had assumed that there would be focusing problems with a speedo that close, but evidently not; I thought it worked pretty well!

Small sensor cameras (of which I assume this is one) give huge depth of field at normal or wide focal lengths so focus is unlikely to be much of a problem. If you're setting up a camera you can figure out how much you get though most small video cameras don't let you set the focussing distance so your control is limited:

http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

Matthew

LeeW

BentMikey said:
Start, Run, calc. 45/1.609=. There you go.

An even easier way to work it out is to put "45kph to mph" (without quotes) into google and hit the search button.

Top Bottom