First onboard footage, descent and street riding with speedometer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
distortedmotion

distortedmotion

Gerry Attrick said:
If I break the law, which I don't by choice, I don't spout it over a public forum where it could be used by anti-cyclists and children who are trying to start a responsible cycling career. Think before posting, sir.
OK, good call.
I only did the overtakes for the video, it's not like I do that stuff everyday.
I'll tone it down in the future ;)

OP
OP
distortedmotion

distortedmotion

Thanks man.
I'm running a 61 tooth chainring with a 23-11 rear cassette it should do about 103kmh flat out. Regards to the hill, you can take a single lane which is a much steeper hill on the way back up. Takes a while to ride/push/climb but is "well" worth it. Glad you liked it, I'm gonna be posting more but I'll be toning down the content and try and keep eveyone happy.

Radius

SHREDDER
distortedmotion said:
Too many to avoid on the streets of Liskeard. It's like playing Galaga on expert mode. lmao

I suppose so, although they looked in rather a straight line to me, but if you're sure...

OP
OP
distortedmotion

distortedmotion

No, I never speed up or fake anything, it is all played at 100% speed.
What did you think about the video any suggestions to make it better?
I hear you saying "slow down maybe". lol

distortedmotion said:
Nah, I'm back.
Nobody replied back about the quality of the video or the concept of the speedometer in shot. That is all I wanted feedback on! lol
My bad.

I thought the quality was fine but once the speedo was out of shot I lost interest as it was hard to judge how fast you were going. Is the Lotus bike yours? Welcome to the forum BTW

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
'Fast and Dangerous'.

Your choice in words for a video.

2:17 in and the overtake of the dark Citroen Xsara shows it to be both.

Solid white lines are there for your protection and others.

As what I would call a 'Cyclist', not just a POB, what would have happened had your 'pumped to the max' racing tyres hit one of those cat's eyes just after passing the car?

Just a question.

Sure we all do stupid things.

But to video it, post it on the web. Attract negative feedback, and THEN wonder why?

Come on fella, do yourself a big favour, lose the heroics and enjoy the ride.

Nice TT bike BTW.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
“lol, watch the video properly before you take a biased view of it.”
OK
As for the 'Road Rage' video, you seem to be riding in the gutter, at least not primary, the silver car pulls up, and you close right up and then go down the nearside. A bit of forward planning and getting off the gas would have kept you in a safer position IMO.

The reflection of your head in the speedo does not show you doing a 'lifesaver' glance backwards, or looking to 'see' the road rage car approaching. Did you have mirrors to support your comment of having to go down the side of the silver car to avoid being rear ended? If the video was taken on the Claude Butler, there wasn’t a mirror I could see.

Silver car then sets off, you set off, and road rage car over takes you. At 48 secs, your head CLEARLY looks to the right, just as the road rage car overtakes.

Close overtake, but hardly a case of your lunch arriving in your pants 1.5 hours earlier than scheduled.

Then, miraculously, after having in your own words 'hit the wall' earlier, your speed increases from a sedate 25kph to 30kph +, and the reflection shows you bodily accelerating on the bike.

But, interestingly, you are no longer in the gutter; you are now Ueber-primary on the approach to the 1st RA. (I thought you were turning right!)

You then say road rage car slows on the next RA, but you are now on the offside of this car doing 26kph, and you go straight over the middle of the RA, and on the exit the 'buy some road tax' comment can be heard.

I doubt you want to read my opinion, but, for what it’s worth, you are at the end of a fast ride, spinning out on the way home, a car parked on the nearside opposite the petrol station causes the silver car to yield. There is NO deceleration from you till the last minute and you then go down the nearside. I put this down to tiredness. Matey boy in the road rage car overtakes you closely. Endorphins now kick in and you accelerate after it.

IMO you put yourself in a very vulnerable position doing that, and who knows what that driver was thinking? Might he have been wondering where the cyclist was going? His comment about the road tax is for him to justify, not me.
You then spend the next 45 seconds of the video accelerating up to 45kph+ (surprising considering how tired you were) to keep in touch with the car, and at 2:26 say ‘See you later, W*****’
You got red mist in my opinion, and as a cyclist, that can be very dangerous, also if this was road rage on the car’s part, you did yourself no favours ‘chasing’ the car at the point you thought that was the case. You should have stopped there and then.
Simple.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Looe Cycling Speed Camera Video

45 secs: too close to Audi, and tailgating, speeding too if setting off ‘ 30MPH’ unit.
Dusky too, did you have lights? Might that be a contributory factor to Audi pulling out?
1:05 - slipstreaming at 45mph. Would you have been able to stop had the white car had to pull up quickly (to avoid a ‘tourists’ caravan)?
1:13 - Roadwork’s sign just before right hand bend, clues anyone?
1:18 - your words ‘oh crap’ and a road full of pedestrians. The fact you can’t stop in time once again indicates a lack of forward planning on your part. Given your ‘history’ on video so far, I am not at all surprised.
1:26 - again going for an overtake adopting a position on the white lines, between moving vehicles giving yourself no escape route.
Just let me know if you want any more rides critiquing?

OP
OP
distortedmotion

distortedmotion

Yeah, the Lotus is my current project bike. I picked it up in Australia of all places and thought I should bring it home to England.
Really amazing bike, very scary with any sidewinds though. Really stiff frame and goes like a rocket.
I'll be having the speedo in shot for all my future videos from now on, was going to work on a RPM counter too maybe?

OP
OP
distortedmotion

distortedmotion

No sweat, I'll do some more responsible rides for the next vid.
Any suggestions on any enhancements? I've been thinking about an RPM counter maybe? And playing around with camera angles.

I'm impressed: You've taken a fair amount of stick and stayed cool.

I missed this but where did you get the speedo from?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
distortedmotion said:
No sweat, I'll do some more responsible rides for the next vid.
Any suggestions on any enhancements? I've been thinking about an RPM counter maybe? And playing around with camera angles.

My main concern is for you.

A suggestion might be to wear a helmet.

Fair play if you're going to ride like that, but at least put a lid on. The under the seat video angle was good, but showed you didn't have a lid on.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
ComedyPilot said:
My main concern is for you.

A suggestion might be to wear a helmet.

Fair play if you're going to ride like that, but at least put a lid on. The under the seat video angle was good, but showed you didn't have a lid on.

*ahem* Let's not be having helmet religeon in this discussion please.

Crackle said:
I'm impressed: You've taken a fair amount of stick and stayed cool.

I missed this but where did you get the speedo from?

That means you must be impressed with me as well then! You should see some of the comments I am receiving on my videos at the moment. :angry:

Top Bottom