First proper ride on fixed this year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
After a busy year on fixed-wheel last year, including an AUK SR series and Paris-Brest-Paris, I have hardly touched it this year, apart from rides to the pub. That is, until this weekend.

Having been asked to accompany a friend on her first 300k for 13 years, I thought I'd make a slow ride a little more testing by riding fixed.

It took a little while to get back into the swing of grinding up hills without busting a lung. There were two or three hours of torrential rain. But other than that I enjoyed it, and suffered less than expected.

The ride.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
After a busy year on fixed-wheel last year, including an AUK SR series and Paris-Brest-Paris, I have hardly touched it this year, apart from rides to the pub. That is, until this weekend.

Having been asked to accompany a friend on her first 300k for 13 years, I thought I'd make a slow ride a little more testing by riding fixed.

It took a little while to get back into the swing of grinding up hills without busting a lung. There were two or three hours of torrential rain. But other than that I enjoyed it, and suffered less than expected.

The ride.
Must admit not ridden fixed at all this year done a bit of single speed though

Top Bottom