First proper tour in ages - two weeks in Spain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Guru
I'm so excited :hyper:. A friend has invited me along on a cycle tour of Spain. I'll be joining her for two weeks in April to cycle the Spanish water-shed inspired by this Crazyguy journal. Keep your fingers crossed for me that COVID behaves itself.

My lovely husband has given me a two week pass. I don't think he realised that every evening would be filled with planning: learning Spanish, route creation, kit research (I love this part as much the trip)

Hit me up with any local knowledge. We'll be wild camping a lot and only doing short days as my friend is taking her Brompton and a dog. We'll be setting our from Almeria and I'll bail somewhere near Madrid to head home.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Usual tip for Spain is start early, enjoy mid day siesta with food, then as it cools a bit more to finish for the day.

whhat's the dog doing?
just trotting alongside?
or carrying stuff that won't fit on the brommie?

whatever, have a great time, do report back - with pics.

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Guru
whhat's the dog doing?
just trotting alongside?
or carrying stuff that won't fit on the brommie?

whatever, have a great time, do report back - with pics.
He has a basket that fits the front Brompton mount. He's a seasoned cycle tourer and knows which road/trail is suitable for him to get out and run and when he needs to stay in the basket.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Something like Helmets don’t need to be worn in town, but do if rural, unless going up a hill, or it’s over a certain temperature. Anyway if you wear one all the time it doesn’t matter.
The uphill/hot day exceptions have been scrapped.
Helmets are not required in urban areas. Urban/not urban is defined by the entering or leaving village/town signs.

Enforcement is more likely the more you look like a racing cyclist, or if you are in an area popular with racing cyclists (eg Majorca)

Last edited:
Top Bottom