First ride for several months.....went surprisingly well :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Didnt do anything in December as the only chances I had were when it was cold and wet......not my idea of fun.
I got the flu new years eve.....2 weeks out then 2 weeks recovery.
Then we had some visitors who kindly came when they had colds and passed it on to me :ohmy:
Anyway today I was a good brave soldier and managed a 10 miler.
A bit colder and more windy than I expected but got wrapped un and enjoyed it.
Onwards and upwards.....if we ever get decent weather again :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 1258

Well done

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
People with colds should stay home .Got in a lift the other day and some women starts coughing and sneezing all over the place.Got back out before the door shut luckily.
At least you have made a start Dave.

Commuting keeps my legs turning over even when I cant be bothered doing much else. Retiring Soon so will have to try and do more leisure miles to make up for it.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I went out on Friday for the first time since November 4th 2017. It was very cold and windy, can’t say I really enjoyed it but afterwards was glad I seized the opportunity and forced myself to get back out there after an enforced lay off. Did 20 miles.
Similar story....but I was more fortunate with the weather. My bum was sore after 10 so glad I didnt do your 20.

Slick

Guru
Didnt do anything in December as the only chances I had were when it was cold and wet......not my idea of fun.
I got the flu new years eve.....2 weeks out then 2 weeks recovery.
Then we had some visitors who kindly came when they had colds and passed it on to me :ohmy:
Anyway today I was a good brave soldier and managed a 10 miler.
A bit colder and more windy than I expected but got wrapped un and enjoyed it.
Onwards and upwards.....if we ever get decent weather again :rolleyes:
Similar story here, maybe not just as long but a battle none the less. I was cruising for most of December, getting some good times in and a couple of cracking workout rides then bang, all goes wrong for various reasons. Today, was my first 30 mile in total commute with a fair bit of climbing at the end and did ok, although I did have to stop for a breather on one hill. :shy: I did have a couple of false starts, and I've got a small procedure to be carried out next week under a general, but once I get that out the way, happy days.

Anyway, were back in the saddle, and that can only be a good thing.:thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
With winter coming to an end ...
Wait for it ... we could easily have another 6 weeks of winter yet! :whistle:

23rd March ...
car_park_in_snow.jpg

7th April...
28-tricky-jpg.jpg

10th April...
Snowy Cock Hill on April 10th.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The 23rd March photo was taken on the day that I had planned a walk with some other forum members. The 7th April photo was taken when we actually did that walk.

I had been fooled into thinking that winter was over back in February that year when I did a sunny walk on 19th February ...

hebden-bridge-from-heptonstall-bridleway-jpg.jpg

"It aint over 'til it's over!" :laugh:

PS I'm glad that you are back on your bike, Dave, and that the weather actually DOES stay improved!

Top Bottom