First ride for several months.....went surprisingly well :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doobiesis

Über Member
Didnt do anything in December as the only chances I had were when it was cold and wet......not my idea of fun.
I got the flu new years eve.....2 weeks out then 2 weeks recovery.
Then we had some visitors who kindly came when they had colds and passed it on to me :ohmy:
Anyway today I was a good brave soldier and managed a 10 miler.
A bit colder and more windy than I expected but got wrapped un and enjoyed it.
Onwards and upwards.....if we ever get decent weather again :rolleyes:
Were your cycling legs itching to get out, or was it a struggle?

hoopdriver

Guru
People with colds should stay home .Got in a lift the other day and some women starts coughing and sneezing all over the place.Got back out before the door shut luckily.
At least you have made a start Dave.

Commuting keeps my legs turning over even when I cant be bothered doing much else. Retiring Soon so will have to try and do more leisure miles to make up for it.
I do stay home - work from home, in fact, but I get my colds home-delivered. My wife works in an office and I have two kids at school.
I too am very much looking forward to getting back out there - although it has been a leeriness about black ice and slippery roads that has mainly kept me from riding. I have, though, been diligent about going to the gym daily, working hard on the cross-trainer and am lighter and in better shape now than I was last autumn...

Well done @Dave7 :wahhey:

Did the same here today - 8 rather chilly miles at tea time after being off the bike for 3 months. In my case it was a combination of injuries (back & elbow) plus life (and blown over trees) kind of getting in the way.

A bit slow (took me nearly an hour!!!) but feel ok as my basic fitness isn't too bad. My bum isn't sore (the mods to the saddle position worked), but I'm starting to stiffen up something chronic.

Top Bottom