First ride out of local area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amac

Hi everyone,
I haven't got anyone else to tell, who would understand.....so I am telling you guys:smile:
Just bought a bike roof rack, so we thought we would try further a field.
Started in Burford - Cotswold, (free car park - so happy days) - Lechlade - and a loop back....
Dont know if you guys know it, lovely part of the world, lots of Cotswold stone villages, not too many "humpy" bits, which kept Mrs mac very happy :smile:

There is definitely something brilliant about being on a ride, where you have not been before, and you dont know what's round the next corner.....

Anyhow, great day out...

vickster

Legendary Member
Very pretty area. My parents used to live in Langford, halfway between Burford and Lechlade. I do regret never really taking the bike there. Although I did have a ride with an erstwhile CCer once

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
If you want to do a bit more of the Cotswolds, I can recommend starting in Northleach. The high street is long and wide, and residential at the North end (the Old Gaol end). This makes it a perfect place to park for free, even during the summer holiday period. There are very few villages in the Cotswolds where you can do that. Northleach is an ideal starting point for exploring the Windrush Valley and the Colne Valley. You can even do a loop taking in bits of both.

OP
OP
A

Amac

If you want to do a bit more of the Cotswolds, I can recommend starting in Northleach. The high street is long and wide, and residential at the North end (the Old Gaol end). This makes it a perfect place to park for free, even during the summer holiday period. There are very few villages in the Cotswolds where you can do that. Northleach is an ideal starting point for exploring the Windrush Valley and the Colne Valley. You can even do a loop taking in bits of both.
Thank you for that, I will have a look at the maps and do some plannings, thanks...

Top Bottom