First ride since off.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Same ride as when I had the off, Lydford to Okehampton Station and back, taking excessive care near the bit where I fell of last time! :biggrin:

Used the Trek 800 Sport, it needed the exercise as much as I did. Freewheel is a little less than free, so some servicing needed soon.

Good to be riding again, but very cold - another layer next time!

As for the damaged shoulder - surgery almost certain.

well done on the first ride since your "off", is it wise to be riding if shoulder surgery is needed.

johnnyb47

Guru
Good to hear your back on the bike again , and also well done on your first ride. I can only imagine you must of felt a little apprehensive venturing out again for the first time :-)

Kernow Cyclista

Well done on getting back on. I have that hurdle to face. I came off three days ago, bike went sideways under me and I face planted on the asphalt.. Broken tooth, split lip and grazed knee. A couple in a car saw me go down and stopped to help, made sure my bike was in a safe place and took me to minor injuries unit, lovely people. Three days on I look like I have a great crust of snot on my upper lip (not a good look for a middle aged lady!) from the glue they used to patch it , but I'm getting better. I'm on the turbo tomorrow, the weather is going to be awful this week anyway so I'm not missing anything but my first ride out is going to be...tentative!

johnnyb47

Guru
My work mate came off his bike at the weekend. He showed up at work this morning with nasty gravel rash on his hands and the bridge of his nose badly cut and bruised. He managed to plant his head into the road whilst wearing his base ball cap and the peak of the hat somehow dug into his nose.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well done for getting back on your bike @DCBassman, take care of the shoulder though.
I remember, a few years ago, I avoided a route for ages, just because another of the group took a tumble there, wasn't even me!

Vickster: What have you done to the shoulder?
Looks like I've done a good job of trashing the rotator cuff. Had the MRI this morning, will know the exact damage and the extent of likely surgery next Wednesday.
There's also the already ricketyand arthritic collar-bone, so that's likely also a sub-acromial Decompression and ACJ excision. That's quite a lot of work...
Lovely.
The collar bone bits heal well and easily, in my limited experience, but never damaged a cuff before. And through all this, I have to try and keep gigging in the band - very carefully.

Last edited:
Top Bottom