First ride since off.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I damaged my rotator cuff, I could barely stand to lift my arm over my guitar, let alone try to play the damn thing. I'd be careful not to do more damage when gigging.
I'm assuming you're talking an acoustic guitar. Doubt I could do that. But a slighly-lower-slung-than-usual solid electric bass is less of a problem. Putting it on over my head, now THAT'S a problem...
:thumbsdown:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm assuming you're talking an acoustic guitar. Doubt I could do that. But a slighly-lower-slung-than-usual solid electric bass is less of a problem. Putting it on over my head, now THAT'S a problem...
:thumbsdown:
Yes, a fairly chunky acoustic. (I can't really play, but chose when I had a bad shoulder to get the guitar from the spare room to have a go!)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I damaged both of my shoulders in separate incidents. Unfortunately, they were not impressive cycling injuries, or even the result of kamikaze dog walks. I'm embarrassed to say that I did them both in bed. And NO - I was ALONE at the time. And NO - I WAS NOT DOING THAT EITHER - wash your feeelthy minds out! :whistle:

Injury #1: The morning alarm went off on my little bedside table. I stretched my left arm out from under the covers and fumbled for the clock. I couldn't quite reach it so I stretched further but knocked the clock back towards the wall. Rather than sit up and turn to face the clock, I did a really stupid lunging back and twisting motion with my left hand. Cue AGONY from left shoulder!

Injury #2: Many months later (when my left shoulder was only about 50% recovered) I was sitting up in bed reading. I had piled up some pillows behind me but was not comfortable so I reached back over my right shoulder with my right hand. I took hold of the top of the uppermost pillow and pulled it but it didn't move. (I didn't realise at that point that it was never going to move because I was sitting on the other end of it!) I yanked at the pillow and .... Cue AGONY from right shoulder!

That shoulder also took many months to stop hurting in everyday life. The injuries were caused about 10 years ago now and finally my shoulders don't hurt as long as I don't do much with my arms above shoulder height. I still can't use my chin/dip station. I think I am going to have to do some gentle shoulder exercises and build them up gradually.

It's not ideal. But it is what it is. Unfortunately .

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom