First snow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Temp has dropped here this week and the hills are white with snow so i just had to have a little ride up to breath in the cool autumn air. Sketchy descent for the first 1km:ohmy: but all OK after that:okay:

Nearly time to get the cross country ski gear out:ph34r:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I like your winter hack bike! :laugh:

carpiste

Guru
Wow! That`s mad! Hardly out of summer and the snow pics are out!

One thing for sure....
There`ll be no snow pics from this old boy!:okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Wow! That`s mad!
It is past Bonfire Night and half the leaves have fallen off the trees! :whistle:

I went on holiday in the Yorkshire Dales at the end of October once and got snowed in... In fact, we woke up in the caravan and discovered that a dripping tap at the sink had developed a 15 cm icicle overnight.

What part of the world are you in @Ridgeway ?
I was going to point out that it is in the location description but I have just noticed that it doesn't show on phones.

It says "Lausanne, Switzerland".

PS Beaten to it by @Alex321!

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
Yup them boys are correct. Whilst originally hailing from sunny Stockport I now live in the “flatlands” of Lausanne😁

Many of the quieter Cols will be getting closed in the coming weeks so less fun to be had lower down😫 That one is a regular for me at 1450m altitude with 6km @ ave +10%. Sticking to the bigger roads or getting the MTB out seems the order of the day.

Winter is coming🥶

vickster

Legendary Member
It does in landscape :okay:

Milzy

Guru
Most of my club are using F12’s for their winter bikes now. It’s not the plastic to worry about, it’s the decent groupsets that need rinsing & drying off before been left.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Most of my club are using F12’s for their winter bikes now. It’s not the plastic to worry about, it’s the decent groupsets that need rinsing & drying off before been left.
And for bikes like that (and my best bike) which still have rim brakes... wearing out the rims on expensive wheels. I made the mistake of riding the good bike one winter and wore half of the thickness of the rims away in a few weeks! (Steep descents and salty wet grit are not a good combination for the braking surface on rims.)

Top Bottom