First sub-five hour 100km audax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm just back from completing the 100km audax organised by the Goole Vermuyden CC.

I arrived a few minutes late having taken the wrong turning when leaving the M62 for the Boothferry starting point which mean that by the time that I'd faffed the rest of the field had a fifteen minute start on me.

I had a secret weapon - black Lucozade - several glugs of that and my mission to reel in some riders started.

It took 30km but I finally overtook a pair near Walkington.

I reached the half way point in under two hours and I know that I was in for a good time. Three quarters of the way round I reeled in another rider.

I got back to base to register a 4:48:00 time, which if the delayed started been taken into account would have been 4:33:00. Saddle time was 4:18:12.

I am in awe of myself. :dance:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
vernon , thats a good time indeed and well done , must have been all that turbo training you did !

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well Done !!
keep up the good work ,i had planned to do soome sportives this year but i am struggling to even get club runs in let alone anything else ..... i blame my2 young kids , bloomin ungrateful expecting me to feed them , play with them etc rather than cycling :ohmy:.Total mileage target might get taken down and this year wrote off as a "gap"year.

postman

Legendary Member
Vot iz dis black Lucozade you talk of.Ein olde man in Meanvood izt on ze look out for an energy drink.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Vot iz dis black Lucozade you talk of.Ein olde man in Meanvood izt on ze look out for an energy drink.

Lucozade%20Coke%20news%20thumb.jpg

This is what you are after. It's a limited edition and has been available since October last year though I saw it for the first time yesterday in WH Smiths in Leeds city centre. It's nothing special to be honest - I prefer normal Lucozade.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Did you get any AAA points ? :laugh:
Now for the sub 10-hr 200 ... :bicycle: .... :thumbsup:

No AAA points - still too porky to participate in anything more than 1 x AAA

It's been a good week for audaxing - got 2 x 100km rides in, both of them averaging 14mph or more for saddle time. I wasted a lot of time at controls on the first ride.

Got a 200km pencilled in for the weekend after next.

Next weekend I'm getting wasted at the Big Session festival.

Top Bottom