First TT Tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

totallyfixed

Veteran
OT but are you in the Beacon? I rode Little Mountain yesterday - what an awesome event!

@ OP - enjoy! :whistle:
We must have seen you at some point, dr_pink also did it on a road bike, unfortunately not fully fit yet after a long standing chest infection, now they are proper hills and I would say one of the toughest time trials I have ridden around, how did you get on?

VamP

Banned
We must have seen you at some point, dr_pink also did it on a road bike, unfortunately not fully fit yet after a long standing chest infection, now they are proper hills and I would say one of the toughest time trials I have ridden around, how did you get on?

Alright considering I am not a tester or a climber :laugh:

I got around in 2:01:50 - middle of the pack on roadbike. Had a fantastic time, really fun course. How did you guys get on?
I love them once I've finished:biggrin:

Someone described timetrialling to me as "it must be like giving birth. Absolute agony but with a great sense of satisfaction when it's all over"

Sums it up quite well I think!

Must be someone who's never given birth then :rolleyes:

totallyfixed

Veteran
Alright considering I am not a tester or a climber :laugh:

I got around in 2:01:50 - middle of the pack on roadbike. Had a fantastic time, really fun course. How did you guys get on?

Must be someone who's never given birth then :rolleyes:
dr_pink did ok as it was her first completed race of the season after a chest infection that has lasted since January, she also was on a road bike and did 2.11.47, clearly not fit yet. You did a very creditable time there, well done. I have a feeling we have bumped into each other before now, plus I used to live in Gamlingay and rode with Cambridge CC. dr_pink is going to race the Shap hill climb next week as she is the defending champion and just found out no other women have entered :angry:.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
A win's a win :tongue:

Of course on a serious note, it is disappointing when there are very few female entries!

VamP

Banned
dr_pink did ok as it was her first completed race of the season after a chest infection that has lasted since January, she also was on a road bike and did 2.11.47, clearly not fit yet. You did a very creditable time there, well done. I have a feeling we have bumped into each other before now, plus I used to live in Gamlingay and rode with Cambridge CC. dr_pink is going to race the Shap hill climb next week as she is the defending champion and just found out no other women have entered :angry:.

Maybe on the CX circuit?

I am new to Cambs, but what a coincidence as I live just outside Gamlingay. Only moved here in January though. I now ride with CC Ashwell, though I haven't got their kit yet, and rode this race in a white jersey. No67 on the day, so would have come past you about 15 minutes after dr_pink?

dr_pink was 2nd Road(wo)man - chapeau! all the more so if she is still recovering.

Good luck on the Shap. Looks tough.

Spartak