First turbo trainer advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Yes.
Yes (I can nick a music stand from the kids).
Yes (used with the ELEMNT Bolt).
Yes (with a bit of moving stuff about).

We also have a room fan that I thought might be useful?

Uh, yep - definitely. Many of us use 2 (or more) fans.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I personally started zwifting around 6 weeks ago and am thoroughly enjoying it. A lot more fun than sitting indoors and just staring at a wall.

Kept my budget tight: Got all the equipment used and cramped it in the appliance room. For cooling I just open the window and turn on a standing fan that I already had.

OP
OP
figbat

figbat

Slippery scientist
There are some used bargains on Facebook right now - I assume lockdown purchases being sold off. I'll have to wait until next year to use the allowance that I have but I will take a good look at used options before stumping up for anything new. I'm quite into the idea of it now, and am already planning how to arrange it all in the garage.

Daninplymouth

Iv really taken to zwift over the last few months, as a job change meant I’m out of the house during the day now and by the time I’m home it’s dark and wet and not very pleasant or safe to ride outside at all. I have jumped on a training program and really enjoy it, definitely pushes me harder than I would push myself so I’m interested to see any improvements when I next get out properly on the road. I bought a remote control fan, and have another on its way as you need all the cooling you can get, I’m outside in a shed and in these temps still have sweat dripping off me. Just finished off by getting power and lighting installed so I don’t have to run an extension lead anymore. Highly recommend the kickr and worse case if you don’t like it then you can sell it on and get most of your money back. My set up now just use Apple TV to run zwift

I’ve just gone to a Kickr and Kickr Climb set up from an Elite Direto. Can’t fault it. Binned Zwift in Feb now ride solely on Rouvy. Real life videos, tried Fulgaz and RGT but neither come close.

kapelmuur

Veteran
I use both Rouvy and Fulgaz. I’m not riding competitively and prefer the range of videos on Fulgaz. However, the ability to be paced by your own avatar on Rouvy is interesting and I like their range of city centre videos.

The advantage of these platforms over Bkool is that rides can be downloaded, I have no Wi-Fi where I ride in my garage. Plus Bkool videos don’t seen to be curated and there’s an awful lot of rubbish.

Top Bottom