first walk of shame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianwoodi

Yesterday i did a 52 mile round trip from buxton to glossop over snake pass to dam no problem was averaging around 18mph Then i had to go up winnats pass derbyshire got halfway up and run out of power. What i want to know is i am running a 12/25 should i swap it for a 11/28 or just keep training until i can do it:laugh:

boybiker

Guru
Just keep training until you can do it. A walk of shame is when you forget a repair kit / spare tube!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Personally, I'd swap it now so that you have it under your belt. After that you can improve your time on the hill or work on keeping a gear or two in reserve. And then you can swap it back.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Walk of Shame? Nah that was just a calculated use of your 24" gear ;)

You could do either, but as you don't seem to be worried by other hills on your routes then you might as well stick with the 12-25 and just keep trying. See if you can get a little further up each time until you reach the top.

Then of course it doesn't get any easier, you just go faster :smile:

OP
OP
ianwoodi

ianwoodi

Yes i think i will try harder next time and keep the 12/25

OP
OP
ianwoodi

ianwoodi

I know its the wrong thread to ask this but just one point can i swap from a 12/25 to 11/28 on a ui2 without altering anything or is there more to it

Milzy

Guru
I know its the wrong thread to ask this but just one point can i swap from a 12/25 to 11/28 on a ui2 without altering anything or is there more to it

I'm jealous of your ui2 but if your rear mech is medium to long cage it should just fit on & that's it. However someone can confirm if this is correct ??

S1mon

Yes it's in the manual 28 is the biggest you can run
Just google ultegra di2 and a PDF is there of user and installation

Winnats Pass is a STEEP hill in one of the directions.

Do you need a 28 cog? Probably not, you could probably manage it with a bit more training. Would it help? Probably!

screenman

Legendary Member
Was you having a hard time averaging 18mph? it is a reasonable speed for many club riders to maintain.

Top Bottom