First winter with a bike and thinking about an indoor smart trainer...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very good trainers, I've got the Kickr and my mate has the core, no difference in real terms for the every day blokes.

I have a bike sat on mine permanently so no faffing about swapping over but still doesn't take too long.

Make sure you get at least 1 good fan!

Both used on Zwift.

OP
OP
P

Porknz

I'm thinking sometime on late October or early November (depending on when the snow starts) I'll need to move indoors until May. So I'm hoping in the time between the bike will stay on the trainer. I'll start looking at fans that might work well.

Another forum said sweat was a really big deal and could easily do major damage to many parts of the bike. Have you had that experience?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Another forum said sweat was a really big deal and could easily do major damage to many parts of the bike. Have you had that experience?
I said the same thing here about my turbo trainer.

I used to wipe the bike and trainer down after I finished each session. My problem was that I only wiped the obvious places that I could see. What I hadn't realised was that sweat was dripping round to the bottom of the turbo trainer out of sight and that made the TT frame go rusty underneath.

Since then I have a towel draped round my neck and keep wiping the sweat off me before it drips onto the equipment. I also use a powerful fan to keep me cooler. You don't realise how much moving through the air on the bike normally keeps you cool until you work out when stationary!

Top Bottom