First World Problem. ( contains car content)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
I'd say make it a grand and i'll take it, or you keep it and give me a fresh one from the transporter.
Why make it easy for them, they're the ones who fecked up...... and a paltry £370 is nothing to them in a new car sale.

screenman

Legendary Member
Kick the tyres and light the fires, trouser the £370 and forget about it.

A car falls off a transporter, gets bodywork done and its still a new car so worse things happen.

I am the guy that fixes those cars, pdr is my business.

midlife

Guru
I am the guy that fixes those cars, pdr is my business.

Any bodywork stuff for my cars is sorted by the company that deals with new cars damaged by the local dealers. It shocked me how many brand new cars get pranged being moved around the dealer forecourts, on and off the transporters etc!!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'd say make it a grand and i'll take it, or you keep it and give me a fresh one from the transporter.
Why make it easy for them, they're the ones who fecked up...... and a paltry £370 is nothing to them in a new car sale.

You might be surprised at how little the dealer has in the car.

The motor trade is what's known as a disorderly market, no two deals are the same meaning margins also vary.

But routinely, the dealer will not be making thousands from selling a new car.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The compensation ( if that’s the correct term) is not coming from the dealership, it’s being paid by the manufacturer, the error was theirs.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Well, before I wrote the op, I agreed to take the car I accepted the £370.00 plus I got them to agree to a full tank and some accessories that I forgot to do in the original deal.

I also check out the car and it’s mint. Collect it Wednesday.

Good move - I would've done the same.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Take the car.. It obviously works ok

I got a new megan from motorpoint in 06, when i got home i noticed a paint anomaly on the rear near side.. Looked like a crap repair.

Took it to Smiths main Renault dealer for warranty.
No problem..
Got a phone call after dropping it off to tell me the yard man had hit a skip moving it!!

So i got a new wing too :laugh: bargain

Car was £9999 brand new so i wasn't bothered as the main dealer version was 19k

Top Bottom