Fish or bird?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fnaar said:
A flying fish would be a possible compromise for those who simply can't decide....

Nah, you see, I thought that, but it's a bit of a compromise on both counts. If I was going to be a fish, I'd wanna be like a dolphin (I know, not really fish), or a marlin, something really nippy and/or graceful. And if a bird, an albatross, or eagle, something graceful. A flying fish is just a fish that's also a bit flappy.... Like a skua can swim and dive, but is a bit flappy underwater...

Suppose I could be an ostrich, a bird that is neither aquatic or graceful in the air... More like reality...

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Pandaboy said:
A penguin.

Looks like a bird, swims like a fish ;)

True, but lacks a certain mastery of the air...

Tetedelacourse

A little fishy on a little dishy.

I think fish (ironically) have the upper hand because their climate is more stable than birds (he says in complete ignorance). Like, if something calamitous happened to the planet, what would die first, the fish or the birds? I guess the birds. So fish for me. Plus fish are full-timers - birds eventually have to land whereas fish have to swim forever. Type of fish, eh a swordfish cos they look good. And I liked the one with the hat in that film.

If the above is not true then I'll be a battery hen as I'm conditioned to working in a confined area and consistently expected to produce output.

Did anyone see that Shark Man hypnotising sharks by holding their snouts?! Remarkable!

betty swollocks

large member
I'd rather like to be an Aardvark: mainly, I think, because it doesn't have to vark very aard.
Sorry Arch I do not intend to be restricted by your insistence that I fly or swim. If I wanna burrow, I'll burrow!

NickM

Veteran
betty swollocks said:
I'd rather like to be an Aardvark: mainly, I think, because it doesn't have to vark very aard...
;)

I have always harboured an ambition to be a sloth. Hanging from a tree, dreaming up poetry all day... with an acceptable if boring diet of leaves, and no major predators as long as you stay in your tree. Life could be a lot worse...

Top Bottom