Fit bit calorie counter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyMack

I feel sorry for you, with all that temptation. We don't buy biscuits or chocolate bars for our house, I try to ensure we are stocked up with fruit instead.
We try to do the same however one of us has the breaking strain of a kit Kat... and it's not my wife :-(

screenman

Legendary Member
:laugh: We got know chance have we

It is certainly not easy. My pack up is so big some day's it needs wheels to move it.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 4960431, member: 9609"]I have been making myself a blackberry crumble everynight to have after my dinner. Have just worked out the numbers
Blackies 97, Apples 55, Butter 360, Flour 335, Sugar 210, Almonds 63, Ice Cream 310
Total 1430kCal
I will eat 85% (wife just has a small portion)

wow, I'm poking in 1200 calories a night just on my pudding - think I better up my mileage a bit[/QUOTE]

I tell ya mate its bloody scary when you tot up..
I could murder a crumble, one of my top 5 puds..apple and BlackBerry and rhubarb wins every time.

snorri

Legendary Member
Their mid 30's so I'd think it should be easier than a nearly 52 yr old like me.
Making excuses for yourself before you even start!
Another thumbs-up from me for Myfitnesspal, after a few years of unsuccessful attempts to reduce my waist measurement I signed up to Myfitnesspal and lost 10kg in five months. It really was surprisingly easy, and free of charge.
P.S. and I am older than you!:smile:

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Making excuses for yourself before you even start!
Another thumbs-up from me for Myfitnesspal, after a few years of unsuccessful attempts to reduce my waist measurement I signed up to Myfitnesspal and lost 10kg in five months. It really was surprisingly easy, and free of charge.
P.S. and I am older than you!:smile:

Well done. 10kg in 5 month is a nice weight loss speed.
Its the grazing that does the damage.
Im quite looking forward to this as a challenge focuses me.
Ive set my weight and target now so I'll soon know if its going to be a struggle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 4960677, member: 9609"]this was the nights bonus 1200 calories of pure heaven
View attachment 373986
I could just eat it again now - I just can't stop eating at the moment[/QUOTE]

Cheers for that image mate :banghead: lovely looking crumble btw

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I usually have a bowl of alpen sugar free for brekkie but that has a high count but keeps me going until lunch.
Toast is small seeded with low fat spread, i dont use butter sadly.
The 1750 a day with all the exercise i do will be a hard thing to keep to.
My step count a day always goes over 15000 and often breaks 20000.

Just an overall observation. I've used My Net Diary and agree these apps help with understanding one's calorie intake but that's all.

Your DIL commented she's hungry, this isn't right, she should provide her body with the food it requires. The crucial point is to look at lifestyle and diet and ensure the calories come from the right sorts of food. Eating less and being hungry doesn't necessarily equate to weight loss, it's possible to eat more and lose weight depending on what you eat.

Personally I'm very wary of step count. My daily step count is usually in the 8-10000/day range. Have I exercised to achieve this? No, it's just life. As a general remark many of my friends say how pleased they are to hit the 10,000 mark yet I know they do not exercise.

When I began to take weight loss more seriously at the beginning of this year this was my approach.

Reduce caffeine to two cups tea/coffee a day and increased my water intake to 2-3 litres per day.

A side effect of increasing water intake was to reduce my desire for sweet things, caffeine and alcohol. I now understand I was using coffee and alcohol to hydrate and providing my body with sufficient water has removed the desire.

I created a diary of one week's food intake. A friend with serious interest in diet, nutrition in relation to her chosen sports reviewed the diary for me. She makes no claim to be qualified but follows a programme given to her by her PT. She made suggestions as to the types of food I should eat. She also suggested I should menu plan to balance my diet over a full week.

I mentioned changing lifestyle and I only mean in relation to diet. I've found reducing alcohol, snacks and confectionery while improving my daily diet has resulted in easy weight loss of about 1lb/week.

Two tips. We all go off the rails from time to time, a few beers or bottle of wine won't impact a good diet.

Take a full length selfie today. When you achieve a body shape you are happy with, for most of us this is about how we feel about ourselves, take another selfie. When you feel yourself slipping up look at both images to remember where you were and how far you've come - I find this hugely motivating and real support I can easily give myself.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Just an overall observation. I've used My Net Diary and agree these apps help with understanding one's calorie intake but that's all.

Your DIL commented she's hungry, this isn't right, she should provide her body with the food it requires. The crucial point is to look at lifestyle and diet and ensure the calories come from the right sorts of food. Eating less and being hungry doesn't necessarily equate to weight loss, it's possible to eat more and lose weight depending on what you eat.

Personally I'm very wary of step count. My daily step count is usually in the 8-10000/day range. Have I exercised to achieve this? No, it's just life. As a general remark many of my friends say how pleased they are to hit the 10,000 mark yet I know they do not exercise.

When I began to take weight loss more seriously at the beginning of this year this was my approach.

Reduce caffeine to two cups tea/coffee a day and increased my water intake to 2-3 litres per day.

A side effect of increasing water intake was to reduce my desire for sweet things, caffeine and alcohol. I now understand I was using coffee and alcohol to hydrate and providing my body with sufficient water has removed the desire.

I created a diary of one week's food intake. A friend with serious interest in diet, nutrition in relation to her chosen sports reviewed the diary for me. She makes no claim to be qualified but follows a programme given to her by her PT. She made suggestions as to the types of food I should eat. She also suggested I should menu plan to balance my diet over a full week.

I mentioned changing lifestyle and I only mean in relation to diet. I've found reducing alcohol, snacks and confectionery while improving my daily diet has resulted in easy weight loss of about 1lb/week.

Two tips. We all go off the rails from time to time, a few beers or bottle of wine won't impact a good diet.

Take a full length selfie today. When you achieve a body shape you are happy with, for most of us this is about how we feel about ourselves, take another selfie. When you feel yourself slipping up look at both images to remember where you were and how far you've come - I find this hugely motivating and real support I can easily give myself.

Hi yes I agree..
My DiL is a vet and a very clever girl.
She has just had her second child and is feeding so she won't under eat.
By her saying she's hungry I meant at the time as we were cooking lunch.

Me personally have a ok weight for my height. 12,7 and 5'8' so only a bit heavy.

I was lighter when I was self employed but then I worked a lot harder and the job was very physical.
I just want to make myself more calorie aware, I've never bothered to be honest and I'm one of those lucky people who don't pack it on.
My mother only has to look at a cake to gain weight for an example.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Today seems to have been quite easy.
Over 18000 steps
1362 cals in 3325 out.
I would normally have 2 slices of toast now as i feel peckish but i wont.
Weekly weigh day tomorrow, so by next week I'll know if I'm on the right track.
B12 jab next monday too ,i always feel better after that.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Not a bad week for moving about.
Calorie count is around 1400 a day.

Screenshot_20170926-104158.png

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
12 stone today so ive shifted over half a stone ,im averaging about 1.5 lbs a week so nice and steady.
Still having an odd beer and a plenty of food tho its mostly good healthy stuff.

I've got my road bike set up again in the back games room so im hitting that everyday.
Its proving to be reasonably easy so far,and i feel so much better with the good health diet.

Averaging around 1500 cals a day and burning 3k+ so i have treat space if i get to flat or grumpy:smile: which i get when i need food, tho its so much better removing sugar hits, not that i have much but the spikes dont help.
I've decided to make 11stone 7 my target weight and work on cardio so im reasonably fit for cycling when my shoulder is finally sorted out:smile:

My wife has lost 7 lbs too doing the same, im very proud of her , she has a few medical problems which make dieting very difficult.

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I tried a similar app, and found it very useful for calorie counting. I found it quicker to count the calories myself and then do a "quick add", rather than typing in "Tuna" and getting 100 results for every supermarket item that contains tuna (mostly American as well).

It does help, but only if you are ruthless with your data inputting. I found near the end that i would cheat, and not put on that I had a chocolate bar.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Mrs OFT has shed 3 stone since February. (14st -> 11st)
She used to use MyFitnessPal and had modest results.
In February she joined Slimming World.
To make her life easier I said I would eat the same stuff as she does.
During the same period I have shed 2 stone (13st-> 11st).
I confess to also having chocolate and cake in moderation.
I have never eaten so much and lost weight!
We spend more time in the kitchen preparing food, however it's delicious and varied.
11 st is about right for me, so I need to step up the naughty food consumption to maintain my weight :whistle:

One observation:
Mrs OFT has previously achieved similar weight loss following other diets, but she looked ill so I suggested she stopped.
This time she looks positively healthier than I've seen her for a long time.

Top Bottom