Fit bit calorie counter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
After the kids visit yesterday,i noticed my daughter in law had trimmed up nicely after giving birth 10 weeks ago.
They both have with the step son losing 10 lbs and she's lost a stone in a month.
There using FitBit calorie counter app.
There setting the daily calls at 1750 which is low but their trying not to go over 2k.
Ive set this up on my fitbit today and after a cup of tea and a coffee " semi no sugar " and 2 rounds of toast im at 156cals .

Anyone else trying this app?, Have you had good results?
I said to my daughter in law, do you feel hungry following this regime?
Im friggin starving she said :laugh:
Tho she's a cake and chock lover and has a big appetite despite her size.
Their mid 30's so I'd think it should be easier than a nearly 52 yr old like me.

Sandra6

Veteran
1750 isn't that low for a calorie controlled diet. And 2000 is just going to maintain your weight.
Alongside calories though you need to look at where the calories come from, and the fat, sugar content of the foods. A bowl of natural yogurt and some fruit would be around the same number of calories you think your toast is, but far better for you. And when I used to use a calorie tracker - myfitnesspal.com - buttered toast was about 150 calories a slice!

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
1750 isn't that low for a calorie controlled diet. And 2000 is just going to maintain your weight.
Alongside calories though you need to look at where the calories come from, and the fat, sugar content of the foods. A bowl of natural yogurt and some fruit would be around the same number of calories you think your toast is, but far better for you. And when I used to use a calorie tracker - myfitnesspal.com - buttered toast was about 150 calories a slice!

I usually have a bowl of alpen sugar free for brekkie but that has a high count but keeps me going until lunch.
Toast is small seeded with low fat spread, i dont use butter sadly.
The 1750 a day with all the exercise i do will be a hard thing to keep to.
My step count a day always goes over 15000 and often breaks 20000.

pclay

Veteran
MyFitnessPal is also another good app. I have lost 9kg is the last 12 weeks using myfitnesspal. My daily calories is 1850, you can of course eat more, but then have to exercise to bring the calories back down.

I am getting loads of new PB on strava, especially going up hills.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
MyFitnessPal is also another good app. I have lost 9kg is the last 12 weeks using myfitnesspal. My daily calories is 1850, you can of course eat more, but then have to exercise to bring the calories back down.

I am getting loads of new PB on strava, especially going up hills.

Excellent..
Im struggling with biking atm as i have a frozen shoulder.
So eat less is the key for me as i want to lose a little and try to do as much physical stuff as my bloody arm will allow.
Off cycling in a bit but its only going to be easy mtb stuff.

Its about time i kicked the fatty sugary foods

Heigue'r

Veteran
I started using a similar app in feb this year...fatsecret....I used it only for calorie counting.I set my target to 1500 calories nd stuck with it until june.You would be surprised at how much food you can eat for 1500 calories if you are eating the right stuff.I was 17st in feb and 15st in june when I really started to cycle lot more..now just under 14st but not as strict on diet due to a couple of hundred miles a week..these apps work but you have to be pretty strict

I dont use fitbit but use fitness pal, I have used it on and off for over 5 years to maintain wieght, it calculates for my small size 10st 8 for my sedantory job I only need 1330 cals to lose 1 lb per week. As I do a lot of cycling I add those calories on to my allowance ( heart rate monitor and power meter on the bike so accurate) on a long commute I use around 1600 cals so some days I can eat nearly 3,000 cals and still lose wieght. Trouble is I have to play with it a bit, ie if long commute the next day overload a bit on the day before so enough calories in the system in the morning to manage the commute. The guy who sits next to me at work used fitbit and he lost wieght, he is rather large and was suprised at the amount he could eat and lose wieght with just walking. Another reason for me to envy big people!
The important thing I find is as @Hiegue'r saiid you have to be strict, dam near obbsessive to make it work, I do find the numbers do work for me suprisingly acurately. Noww off to a XC race to burn another 1,000 or so.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
I started using a similar app in feb this year...fatsecret....I used it only for calorie counting.I set my target to 1500 calories nd stuck with it until june.You would be surprised at how much food you can eat for 1500 calories if you are eating the right stuff.I was 17st in feb and 15st in june when I really started to cycle lot more..now just under 14st but not as strict on diet due to a couple of hundred miles a week..these apps work but you have to be pretty strict

Well done, life changing weight loss I'd think.
Im only 12stone 7 so not heavy but i feel a bit flabby.
11stone 12 would be ideal for me

AndyMack

I bought my wife a Fitbit for her birthday and she returned it to John Lewis as she said she gets the same functions free from using My Fitness Pal in conjunction with Map My Ride and Map my Run. I started using them over the last month and cannot reccomend them enough. Due to having to watch the calories I input Its made a massive difference to what I'm eating. I swapped fruit for crisps and cut out bread completely. If I feel like something sweet I have a celery stalk with Pics peanut butter ( no other peanut butter comes close in terms of quality,) and swapped Coke/Sprite etc for sparkling water with fresh squeezed lime or lemon.
By doing this, setting my calorie limit to 1650 a day and exercising 4 times a week I've dropped 9 pounds! It's easy to input the data as there's a barcode scanner in the app that lets you get the calories direct from the wrappers so your accurately uploading the correct details without guesswork! I feel fitter for it and seem to get more done in a day even though I'm excersising for an hour I wasn't doing before, I'm putting it down to a more positive attitude due to the excersise and diet.
Plus, as impossible as it seemed to me, I actually look a bit better too :becool:

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
After the kids visit yesterday,i noticed my daughter in law had trimmed up nicely after giving birth 10 weeks ago.
They both have with the step son losing 10 lbs and she's lost a stone in a month.
There using FitBit calorie counter app.
There setting the daily calls at 1750 which is low but their trying not to go over 2k.
Ive set this up on my fitbit today and after a cup of tea and a coffee " semi no sugar " and 2 rounds of toast im at 156cals .

Anyone else trying this app?, Have you had good results?
I said to my daughter in law, do you feel hungry following this regime?
Im friggin starving she said :laugh:
Tho she's a cake and chock lover and has a big appetite despite her size.
Their mid 30's so I'd think it should be easier than a nearly 52 yr old like me.

This 61 year old has dropped a stone in 5 weeks. So a youngster like you should walk it.

pclay

Veteran
,y lunch these days is a massive plate of frozen vegetable and cold roast potatoes (heated in microwave). The amount of people at work can't believe how much I eat, and any comments are along the lines of "how much?"

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'm a steady weight person @screenman
I just fancy trying a watch what you eat campaign.

This is the problem I face, my wife is a friggin nightmare..she says she needs to cut down too but buys all this rubbish.

20170917_102906.jpg

pclay

Veteran
I'm a steady weight person @screenman
I just fancy trying a watch what you eat campaign.

This is the problem I face, my wife is a friggin nightmare..she says she needs to cut down too but buys all this rubbish.

View attachment 373893

I feel sorry for you, with all that temptation. We don't buy biscuits or chocolate bars for our house, I try to ensure we are stocked up with fruit instead.

Top Bottom