Fitter people drink more alcohol but less likely to be problem drinkers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you can't be bothered to tell us what you think about that article, then I am certainly not going to bother either! :laugh:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Indeed. A few pints twice a week can improve your vo2 max 30% in 3 months.
On that basis I’ve improved mine by 937%….

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thank god for that ^_^.
Sorry - he's replied now! :laugh:

(I suppose that means I am going to have to read it properly ... :whistle:)

Hmm... I used to drink (and eat) too much before I got back into cycling. I did feel slightly less guilty about trashing my body with food and drink once I started riding 10+ hours a week.

Totally agree!
I’ve advanced to the stage of cutting out the exercise and keeping fit on alcohol alone….
I've now cut out all of the alcohol, most of the crappy food, but unfortunately also at least half of the cycling! :blush:

Is it possible gym and health junkies spend time and money on smoothies, food fad, new exercises rather then stay at home or in the pub drinking alcohol in the first place. So the numbers are already stacked.

Alcoholics I have come across are seldom preoccupied with a hobby, interest or even people. They try their best to hold on their jobs rather than an interest in the job. Alcoholics are trying to keep it together and the focus is not exercise but to see how they can get out of their dependencey by attending AA, seeking counselling etc.

Never heard an alcoholic say that he heading to the Gym to stop his dependency.

I really can't see the correlation and sampling might be faulty. Its like sampling the fitness levels of firemen and policemen. Doesn't take rocket science to figure which would be the fitter cohort by a mile.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Hang on... a study of young socially active people led them to believe that all people who are fitter drink more alcohol? Perhaps the subset of 'young people who are fitter than average' and 'young people who drink a lot' isn't unpredictable.

Top Bottom