Fitting a new battery to a Ford Fiesta

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
Can anyone tell me if there are any things to be aware of in changing the car battery on a 2011 ford feista zetec ,i have changed batterys on many vehicles in the past ,cars, wagons ,ect ,but not changed one for a while ,do they still need a code for the radio or anything else to be aware of .
I put this on an other thread initially but decided to make a new one instead, just after any info regarding fitting a new battery to a modern car.

D

Deleted member 26715

Good question not had a car that needed a code for a long time, is radio theft still an issue, most are now fully built into the dash so you could only steal it & use in another of the same car.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My car(s) have had built in stereos but still need a code.
If you don't have your code, check the radio case as it might be written on it. You can crocodile clip a couple of leads to the terminals so not all power is lost when the battery is disconnected, thus preserving the radio power.

Sharky

Guru
If you have electric windows, keep them closed. I left my zafira window half open and it forgot where the closed position was. The auto close took it all the way to the top and then back down to the half open point.

A Google search solved it, but it took me a while.

Top Bottom