Fitting guards and rack on single eyelet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
My new Whyte Suffolk only has a single set of eyelets on the rear, I have Whyte mudguards fitted currently but want to add a Tortec rack also. Is it just a case of getting longer screws that will pass through both the guard and rack fixings?

Or is there some kind of single to double adaptor you can buy? (Did a quick google search and found something from Tubus but wasn't sure if this was for bikes with no eyelets at all?)

OP
OP
JoeyB

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Thanks Mister, seemed the logical explanation but thought I'd check.

compo

Veteran
And a couple of washers to stop the bolt heads opening up the mudguard stay when you tighten it enough to securely fasten the rack.

OP
OP
JoeyB

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Washers already fitted with guards so no problems there. Rack is on the inside, had to stretch it open a tad due to the disk brakes and extra width. Going to pop into LBS for longer hex screws

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The way I'd do it is:- thread longer bolt from the inside , fit the rack and add a nut. tighten then fit the mudguards with a washer and nylock nut then hacksaw off the excess thread on the bolt.

I've used a short metal strip with 2 holes in it, sandwiched between the frame and rack through one hole, leaving the second hole free to attach the mudguard to. Prefer it to using a long bolt.

Top Bottom